Sign in to follow this  

Going from full-syn to semi-syn motor oil...Opinions?

Locally, it seems that full-syn motor oil is somewhat scarce and pricey, of course.  Would there a problem, after running full-syn for years, dropping down to a semi-syn?

So uhhh...just throwing it out there the best beer hands down is Yuengling.  Everything else is garbage.

Speaking of which I might go get myself one to watch this thread :cheers: , unless someone shuts it down with "use the search function!!!"

There is no problem switching between full, non, or semi synthetic oils.

Thanks for the answer without making me feel stupid.  Every time I have a question, it rarely is solved by searching for it.  Therefore, I've given up.  I thought I'd be safe by not asking which oil was best.  Wrong.

• Like 1

FIRST.... for saying Rotella!

Yep, been running plain 'ole Rotella 15-40 in everything in own for the last 35 years and never had any problems.

Just do It anyone that tells you otherwise is just pulling it out of thier A$$. Lots of oil myths and Oil "experts" out there

if its scarce and expensive why not try ordering some online? just sayin... i order amsoil online all the time is 11 dollars a quart expensive? if you cant afford 20 bucks for oil sell your bike lol just messing... not tryin to be a dick! 

• Like 2

END THREAD

So uhhh...just throwing it out there the best beer hands down is Yuengling.  Everything else is garbage.

Speaking of which I might go get myself one to watch this thread :cheers: , unless someone shuts it down with "use the search function!!!"

and Dogfish Head IPA is the best, end thread  :devil:

• Like 2

if its scarce and expensive why not try ordering some online? just sayin... i order amsoil online all the time is 11 dollars a quart expensive? if you cant afford 20 bucks for oil sell your bike lol just messing... not tryin to be a dick! 

$11/quart is expensive if I buy a case at a time...Otherwise, no.  The cheapest full-syn in my town is $9.50ish/qt.  It's Suzuki's full syn.  Price and performance is fine by me.  The only issue is it's at a dealer I don't care to support.  My local preferred dealer (mom and pop) can't get it.  All his shit is $14-$20 a quart for full syn.  As often as I change my oil, dropping $40+filter is dumb.  That price would make me want to change my oil less often, which isn't a good thing.  Ya dig?

So, the bottom line is:  If I can support my preferred retailer, keep cost reasonable and it won't hurt the bike...I may go that route.

• Like 1

Silly Americans, and your watered down beer :p

• Like 1

Silly Americans, and your watered down beer :p

Hmm no intentions of turning this into a beer thread.  Also I enjoy brews that look like used motor oil.

END THREAD!

I don't think it's that simple . . . or there wouldn't be so many oil threads.