2 stroke mix ratio. 2002 CR 250

Depends on how and where you ride. woods, mx track ETC. I ride like a lunatic, so it's 16:1 for me and castor 927.

I also use 16:1 because i'm doing an experiment with blow-by and wear.

Edited by Atieri

You really can't go wrong with 32:1, easy to mix, and lubes & seals just fine, and any good name brand oil will do, I just wouldn't recommend weedeater or marine oils, not that they wouldn't work just for peace of mind

what he said

any decent motocross oil, my top pics

amsoil dominator

klotz

lucas

maxima k2, 927 etc

motul 800

I've been wanting to try that out forever, how does it work? I found some on amazon but I wanna know that its quality first

ive used it for years in all of my 2 strokes,i like the way it smells and burns cleaner than klotz and some others,its a lil pricey which is why ive tried some others but I always come back to the purple,i ve had great results with top and bottom end wear

ive used it for years in all of my 2 strokes,i like the way it smells and burns cleaner than klotz and some others,its a lil pricey which is why ive tried some others but I always come back to the purple,i ve had great results with top and bottom end wear

Ill have to try it, I use castor 927 now, it works great but I hate the smell, my stepbrother uses golden spectro, that stuff smells great haha, I'm gonna have to try some of the royal purple, thank you for the feedback

Then you get the occasional fellow mixing @ 16:1 and litterally smoking the competition. I can fill my neighborhood with a thick plum of vegetable oil smoke in less than 10 minutes.

Why do you think a CR250 requires special ratios or oil brands? I would say most any 250 rider chooses the same selection you'll see posted here. 

Edited by Atieri

How long does your bottom end last @ 32:1 ? I can probably get 5 years on mine @ 16:1

I'm still on the original bottom end of my 02 CR250.   Also buy & sell bikes thru the years & usually have at least 3 bikes in the stable so it keeps the hrs. down on them. 

How long does your bottom end last @ 32:1 ? I can probably get 5 years on mine @ 16:1

I've never had a bottom end failure. I've played with ratios between 24:1 and 32:1.

16:1 is overkill unless you are racing 125cc shifter karts.

Edited by CamP