Sign in to follow this  

Cheap radiator hoses

Does anybody know if the cheap $18.99 radiator hoses on eBay are a good deal or are they just junk? I'm looking for some for my drz400sm but if I could get away with some for under $20, why not?

Does anybody know if the cheap $18.99 radiator hoses on eBay are a good deal or are they just junk? I'm looking for some for my drz400sm but if I could get away with some for under $20, why not?

The GPI ones have worked well for me. I'm 5 rides in on them and no leaking or anything.

I bought and installed the ZPC brand of silicone hoses off ebay. Looking at the cross section they had a lot more "threads" then the stock ones. So better able to keep from swelling. Just remember you get what you paid for. I would never go cheap on rad hoses. Don't ever want to be stranded because I save a few bucks...

Can't speak to the E-Bay hoses but I know some folks who have purchased correct diameter heater hose from a auto shop and use that. Some of those hoses are pretty long and intricate, can be cut up to provide correct bend hoses for our use. And pretty cheap too. 

Hope this helps.

I have a 2001 a model. It seems most kits on eBay are for 2002 and up, are my hoses different?. Also are you guys buying the hoses that are shipping from over seas?

Thanks for the help

I have a 2001 a model. It seems most kits on eBay are for 2002 and up, are my hoses different?. Also are you guys buying the hoses that are shipping from over seas?

Thanks for the help

If you mean you have a 2001 e model, the radiators and connections are different then later models. 

I've had cheap radiator hoses for a few years and maybe 10,000 miles.  They look cool and I haven't had any problems, but I'm not offering a guarantee.

If you mean you have a 2001 e model, the radiators and connections are different then later models. 

I've had cheap radiator hoses for a few years and maybe 10,000 miles.  They look cool and I haven't had any problems, but I'm not offering a guarantee.

That was a miss type. I have a 2001 S model.