Is there such a thing as a larger drz tank that's AESTHETICALLY pleasing?

I have looked but must have missed what I'm looking for, if it exists. I want a larger tank as I intend to tour in summer on my 2010 drz400sm. Now, no offence but some of the tanks I've seen are ugggggggly and I was wanting a black sexy one! Any idea? Oh and if anyone could suggest any other mods to make touring more comfortable please let me know.

I stand to be corrected but there is essentially 4 brands of tank, your choice.

IMS, Acerbis, Clark and Safari, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

DSCF7485.jpg

The Acerbis is a decent looking unit

Edited by backyard hack

what are those bags you have on there? Esp the one on the tail Edited by drz400sm_NZ

The bag on the tail is for tools

The bag on the seat has been removed , it is a AIR hawk ( Hinksy :p: ) A seat cushion , I have a Seat Concepts seat now .

The bag on the tail is for tools

The bag on the seat has been removed , it is a AIR hawk ( Hinksy :p: ) A seat cushion , I have a Seat Concepts seat now .

Mwahaha !

The IMS 4.25 tank that elimanates the rad guards looks good IMHO. I also like the Safari 4.5 gal tank. No rads guards needed. For max fuel capicity the Safari 7.4 gallon is the biggest. But it is a monster. When wanting extra fuel capacity you may have to just look the other way when it comes to them looking "cool" or asthetically pleasing. If you want to keep and use the stock rad guards then your choices abound. But fuel capacity is like 3.9 to 4.0. To me the Clarke tanks are cheap and cheap looking. I have a yellow one and its not very yellow and in no way comes close to OEM color. But Im a off roader and it dont matter cuz anything that looks good dont look good for long... :)

Edited by Jim BurnCycle Abbott

Nomad do an extra rear fender fuel tank for the drz400 (Tank No.1 extra 4.2 litres)

http://www.nomadtanks.com/Tanks.php

or you could fit a rear rack and Kolpin fuel cell and bracket which would add an extra 1.5 Gallons and give you somewhere to carry your stuff. (see bottom of web page below)

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/drz400.html

I do like the idea of the kolpin fuel cell and rack as I need one for my trips anyway?? But I don't know much about racks and my exhaust isn't stock and is fairly large so I wonder if the rack would fit?

Eye of the beholder, as someone else already said. I have the 28L Safari and find it beautiful on the inside. :D

How do ya like your Seat Concepts seat? I just got one and haven't ridden it yet due to ongoing farkling. Sure looks good tho.

Here's a pic of a large (45L) tank I think looks good. 
1374187968495.jpg

DSCF7485.jpg

Much nicer than the IMS one I got with my bike..

Have yet to fit it.

Those Nomad tanks are pretty cool, but a small boat tank from Wally World strapped to a rack would serve the same purpose. Only use it when ya need it and keep the stock tank for local use.

Love the pro-cycle site, lots of stuff for the Dr. Zook I haven't seen before. Would have bought a few of my farkles there had I seen it earlier.

My Clarke tank has a utilitarian look and it works, which I like.

Might not suit the farkle princesses, however!

I have looked but must have missed what I'm looking for, if it exists. I want a larger tank as I intend to tour in summer on my 2010 drz400sm. Now, no offence but some of the tanks I've seen are ugggggggly and I was wanting a black sexy one! Any idea? Oh and if anyone could suggest any other mods to make touring more comfortable please let me know.

How big a tank do you want..???...I guess the bigger the tank , the more "out of place" it will  look....

something like Backyard's tank or an IMS 3.2 gal looks reasonable....

Yeah , I like the Acerbis unit .. To a point

If I had to be critical , the very top of the tank reminds me of a Volcano. :excuseme:

Edited by backyard hack

DSCF7485.jpg

looks really clean! I looked through the thread and couldnt find out how big of a tank this is and if you might have a link from where u got it?

Well this was my issue. All the biggertanks are ugly , stock tank is ugly also but not as bad. I reckon you should keep the stock tank. And take more money in your wallet and visit more petrol stations sorted;)

Posted Image

what bash plate is that?!

I got the tank from a Australian supplier

It's not a bash plate , it's a Carbon case cover .

P1030391.jpg

I actually think that the Acerbis tank looks better than the stock one. That's why I chose it.

Edited by underbike