Sign in to follow this  

Can a jersey shrink?

I just ordered a new jersey and pants but the jersey is WAYYY too big, so i tried it on with my chest protector under the jersey and it was still a bit too big, and we know if we get a size smaller it would be too small, we want to try to shrink the jersey but if it doesnt shrink we cant send it back cause we tore of the size and type thingy, so would it be possible to shrink the jersey?

I just ordered a new jersey and pants but the jersey is WAYYY too big, so i tried it on with my chest protector under the jersey and it was still a bit too big, and we know if we get a size smaller it would be too small, we want to try to shrink the jersey but if it doesnt shrink we cant send it back cause we tore of the size and type thingy, so would it be possible to shrink the jersey?

Sounds like at this point you have nothing to lose. I shrink all my clothes when I wash them (against my own will, just awful at laundry). Wash iton high heat and dry them on high heat and I bet it shrinks some.

All my gear shrinks without me even trying, my wife says that it is me that is getting larger, but I blame the clothes! :lol:

• Like 1

Depends on the material. Cotton with shrink, no problem. But don't count on seeing much with synthetics.

Depends on the material. Cotton with shrink, no problem. But don't count on seeing much with synthetics.

Its made out of 100% polyester

Its made out of 100% polyester

Lol nope!

Just grow into it. Lol eat extra etc. It will fit soon enough.

Put them in the dryer! I had a pair of fly racing pants that shrunk up on me even though they aren't supposed to... I called fly and they sent me the 2014 model even though they "hadn't been released to the public" or so they say. Either way you can't beat free pants and they gained a customer!