my 02 yz250f

okay so i got this bike awhile ago and it ended up siting for ages, and about 6 months ago i started to build it, the bike has come along way from when i first bought it but i still have a problem, sometimes the rev's hang and its realy bugs me sometimes, any help would be awesome

110.JPG

started of as this

142.JPG

okay so i got this bike awhile ago and it ended up siting for ages, and about 6 months ago i started to build it, the bike has come along way from when i first bought it but i still have a problem, sometimes the rev's hang and its realy bugs me sometimes, any help would be awesome

Mine did this after I cleaned the carb. It turned out I had the idle set to high. It didn't idle fast while stationary but when I was riding it would rev high when I pulled in the clutch, but if I blipped the throttle it would slow down. Could also be a sticking throttle cable or a leak in the air boot after the carb.

Hanging idle is from incorrectly set fuel screw and idle.

Look at sticky in wr400/426/450 on how to set fuel screw.

it isnt as bad when i wind it out but i thought it was always going to die on me, i had a cut air box but my jets are 3 times biger then factory, havent riden since the new plastics and airbox