Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Racing was kind of Boring this Summer..idk

Idk.  To me racing seemed boring this Summer.  Whenever RV got out to a lead I pretty much knew it was over.  I like RD but I KNOW he's not going to put up much of a fight.  I know they're "riding rails" but any strategy against RV seems worthless.  I don't know why that is.  I don't EVEN consider RV to be all that great.  I know he is but the competition just isn't there during this era.  Stewart and CR are pretty much the elder statesman at this time (so they get a pass); but the field just seems to be going with the flow to collect pay checks.  Hey do what you have to do.  Bikes prices are damn near 10k.  And INJURIES, are plagueing the sport.  The best part of the summer was probably Derek Anderson's Man v Moto documentary. You have the Bierer guy buying Husky but works for KTM that discontinues Husaberg and the Husky will actually be a KTM and all the global jockeying whatever it is.  Japanese engineering still reigns supreme!!  Don't get it twisted pal..It will probably be 2 more years before Tomac gets comfortable of the 45os so RV will probably win another 4 titles before another rider even thinks about winning.  And don't give me that Davi Milsaps is a serious contender bullshit.  Never has been, never will be - that's just Davis MO.  He'll win a few, look cool o the podium (Thank Carlos) and then fade out of the picture.  I'd love to be RV at this stage of the sport.  ITS so easy to PSYCH the competition out because they's soo mentally weak.  BUt i give it to them - they can do things I can never have do on a dirt bike.   Dirt bikes are a hoppy (hobby)..Hoppy??  I know that messed some people's minds up lol...oh, and Malcol Stewart - yea YOU!!  How is it that your BROTHER is one of the fastest guys ever, you have a couple of race tracks behind your house and you're out there BARELY making the top 10?  You can't even win a race.  You can't even get that mad to even dream about winning.  All this taleny and SCARED!!  The whole damn field is SCARED to win.  RV is laughing at the whole damn sport - even Dungey!!    See what I'm saying!  And Barcia?  The great Honda hope - ain't happening!  And I'm sick of hearing about Decoster being the man. This is the United States not Germany or Belgium - lose the accent!!  Are you scared now!!  So anyway, that's all I'm going to say right now.  I've said my peace - Amerian Racers need to WAKE UP!!  WAKE THE HELL UP......And how much are these teams paying their riders???? That uses to be public information or TRADITION?  Why is that such a big secret now??  BAseball does it, footbal does it, basketball does it!!  Is this what the sport has come down to? LET'S GET BACK TO RACING..

The 450 class has been boring since before it was the 450 class

250's is where the action is

• Like 4

You sound like a NASCAR fan... if you want 40 lead changes per race, then go watch the roundy rounds and their artificial "competition" rules. 

This is RACING, ie. the first person to get to the checkered flag wins. When someone of RV's abilities is doing what he is doing to the field he's competing in, it is fascinating to a RACE fan. If you want a "show," go to NASCAR, as that is their mandate. 

I for one tuned into every race this year, went to one, and was riveted by what I saw. When I look back at these RV years in the future, they will be held in regard with the RC years, the MC years, the RJ years, the Senna years, and the Schumacher years. To witness dominance of this level is special.

Edited by MediumDriver
  • Like 5

I thought most of it was good, only complaints I have are the coverage and the channels and order they would broadcast it. All the top riders do an amazing job and what they do, it is just that some people have talent and skills either born or made them selves that sets them apart from the rest.

• Like 3

Op, have you ever witnessed in person just how fast the top 450 guys are going? RV is not all that great?? RD not putting up much of a fight?? Man, I don't know what series you were watching but RV is blistering f%$#ing fast and RD was there every week running an incredible pace that was just not enough to catch RV.  These guys may not look like they're putting in a max effort or running wfo from a TV standpoint but just try going to your local MX track and hanging with the local top pro there and then realize that most likely he couldn't make the main of one of these Pro races you watched and are complaining about.

I don't know if you're just trolling or having a bad day and feel like bitching about a whole lot of nothing but I can't agree with your rant.

• Like 11

He says he's from Delaware. I suggest he heads north to Unadilla to see first hand what he's bitching about

• Like 2

Op, have you ever witnessed in person just how fast the top 450 guys are going? RV is not all that great?? RD not putting up much of a fight?? Man, I don't know what series you were watching but RV is blistering f%$#ing fast and RD was there every week running an incredible pace that was just not enough to catch RV.  These guys may not look like they're putting in a max effort or running wfo from a TV standpoint but just try going to your local MX track and hanging with the local top pro there and then realize that most likely he couldn't make the main of one of these Pro races you watched and are complaining about.

I don't know if you're just trolling or having a bad day and feel like bitching about a whole lot of nothing but I can't agree with your rant.

Yeah, I disagree as well. I think RV is faster than RC was in his prime. In each moto when RV would check out and then eventually they would take the time to actually switch away from who was battling for seventh place and show RV for a lap or two before he caught up to the lap traffic and had nothing but fresh air in his face you could just get a glimpse of how terrific the guy actually rides. He is really fearless and I think it has a lot to do with the quality of his bike and his confidence in it as well. I don't know if many of you noticed it but in almost every race RV would draw straight lines across the track from corner to corner; basically hauling ass diagonally over the established lines and then braking super hard into the corner. This alone probably shaved a tenth of a second off each lap. No one else was doing this. Also, if you were paying attention at pretty much every track RV and Dungey were the only ones tripling certain technical jumps. Sometimes Stewart and Reed were doing it as well but not very often and certainly not every lap either that I saw. Plus, if you were paying attention RV has a certain way he lands off of a tabletop where the bike is under full throttle so the second he lands he would just slingshot past other riders like they were standing still. Simply amazing. Also, RV was blitzing whoops like a madman. He was even blitzing through bigger timer jumps and casing out fully every lap. I think the bottom line is that RV is riding faster outdoors than pretty much anybody I've ever seen.

• Like 3

I know a local pro that owns a track I work at and he has had top a top 10 overall and has had a double digit number for two years in a row in 2010 and 11 until he broke his back, tore his acl, and broke his femur and is racing pro again next year. when I ride with him locally its ridiculously fast. and then I see him race 450 nationals have some good weekends like when at unadilla he got a 8th oa i think? and then average that 18-25th position bubble that switches around of pretty even speed riders. and the pace there keeping for around 35 minutes is crazy when they destroy local A class.