Ordering Header Monday!

Hello, I installed a FMF powercore 4 muffler on my bike last week and it has made a huge difference. The bike sounds awesome! I'm going to complete my stage 1 and order a header Monday morning. I have done a lot of searching and reading on this forum and I am pretty much sold on the FMF Megabomb. I ride mostly on the street just running errands and exploring new roads. I would like your thoughts on this header and if you would suggest any other pipe? Thanks very much! 

i was looking for the thread on smj Project Builds where someone showed his ceramic coating...can't remember which build it is, but you should see this...awesome; the guy who had piston and combustion chamber and piston pin and exhaust port coated,...  :goofy:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?139503-CRF-450-R-X-Hybrid

PS: oops, i always forget, you need to be registered there to see pics. But you should, anyway. So much good stuff there - the Project Builds forum.

Edited by Cat ji
  • Like 1

combustion chamber, not cylinder.  ?  The pistons get anti-friction coating on the side/s, heat-reflective coating on top.  (The CRF-L piston has the anti-friction coating.) 
Register there and see the pics. i found the pics i was looking for, of the Cerakote on the outside of the headers. Turns out they're linked from a hosting site, so i can link them here,...

asasysap.jpg

3y7e5yma.jpg

Looks like a good job with VHT or something like that but the Cerakote would be much tougher

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?142023-Project-Traffic-Cone-Big-Bore-KTM&p=1608611#post1608611

• Like 1

I ordered the megabomb yesterday and it will be delivered tomorrow.

The install looks very simple. Is there a torque spec for the two header nuts at the front of the motor?

Thanks

Good call. I know that you thought the power bomb looks better. But I think the mega bomb looks better. Bigger is always better!