Sign in to follow this  

Yz 80 comparable to highly moded klx 110

morning gents, long time reader first time poster. im looking to get a yz 80 bike for around $700 to race against my bosses pit bike. It is a klx 110 with over 7k in mods (if you can think it this bike has it). So my question is would a yz 80 do well in keeping up but not breaking the bank. Thanks

Well my "highly modded" 110 outruns a crf250 so if it really is a 7k build I'm gonna say you're going to lose. I don't have even close to 7k into mine

Well my "highly modded" 110 outruns a crf250 so if it really is a 7k build I'm gonna say you're going to lose. I don't have even close to 7k into mine

:lol:  :lol:

OP I wouldn't worry, there's not enough that could be done to make a 110 dream of hanging with a 80/85 2 stroke. And for very little money you can make the 2 stroke even faster.

your boss is going to realize he just waste 6,300.00 dollars

I take it you guys have never been around a full built 110... I'm not going to get into one of those arguments again, so just listen to the one with the experience in this situation. I can even list my mods for you.

I take it you guys have never been around a full built 110... I'm not going to get into one of those arguments again, so just listen to the one with the experience in this situation. I can even list my mods for you.

No, no I haven't  :lol:

It starts with 6.25hp stock. Need to get it up to 4 times that much to get close to the 80

http://www.mbike.com/kawasaki/klx110/2011

Lets hear your mods and see your dyno results, humor me  :goofy:

• Like 1

I'm not going to rent a dyno for an internet argument.

I don't need 24 hp to "come close" to a yz80...I'm guessing a yz80 weighs about 175 +/-, it's been awhile since I've been around one...Anyway, my 110 weighs 134lbs and change. the Tak 178 kit alone has proven 20+hp on a dyno, that's without a carb, reverse intake, lightened crank on both sides, port/polish, and not including weight loss with the aluminum parts.

I have:

-takegawa's 178 s-cut bore

-+r head with 30mm intake and 24.5mm exhaust valves, ported&polished by chugs moto performance and an s-20 cam

-56mm stroker crank

-kitace 28mm d slide carb reverse intake'd (makes about a 3hp difference over stock intake setup)

-Lightened flywheel and tak primary drive gear

-bbr aluminum swingarm

-v3 aluminum frame

That is only for performance...The bike has much more, and a 4-valve head is coming soon...Just gotta save up the money.

So go ahead and believe me, don't believe me, it doesn't really make a difference to me because I'm used to people not knowing the full potential of pitbikes.

And before you accuse me of never riding a big bike, I've had my fun on big bikes, it got old, I moved on to bigger and better things. I know my way around a full sized bike.

I'm not going to rent a dyno for an internet argument.

I don't need 24 hp to "come close" to a yz80...I'm guessing a yz80 weighs about 175 +/-, it's been awhile since I've been around one...Anyway, my 110 weighs 134lbs and change. the Tak 178 kit alone has proven 20+hp on a dyno, that's without a carb, reverse intake, lightened crank on both sides, port/polish, and not including weight loss with the aluminum parts.

I have:

-takegawa's 178 s-cut bore

-+r head with 30mm intake and 24.5mm exhaust valves, ported&polished by chugs moto performance and an s-20 cam

-56mm stroker crank

-kitace 28mm d slide carb reverse intake'd (makes about a 3hp difference over stock intake setup)

-Lightened flywheel and tak primary drive gear

-bbr aluminum swingarm

-v3 aluminum frame

That is only for performance...The bike has much more, and a 4-valve head is coming soon...Just gotta save up the money.

So go ahead and believe me, don't believe me, it doesn't really make a difference to me because I'm used to people not knowing the full potential of pitbikes.

And before you accuse me of never riding a big bike, I've had my fun on big bikes, it got old, I moved on to bigger and better things. I know my way around a full sized bike.

ok you could do this, or spend 700 bucks and still have a faster bike.

Well everybody has their preference. I prefer pit bikes over big bikes, others may prefer the other.

What the guy on the 250f pushing it?

• Like 1

Well didnt think Id start this hot of a debate. But the way it sounds it should be close bike wise, talent wise I have alot of catching up to do lol

In general Pit bikes are slower that 2 stroke 85s 

but it all depends on the rider 

A FAST pit biker will make most normal guys look funny as he blows by on a lil bike made for kids

• Like 1

My friend sent his Klx110 out to BBR racing a year ago. I'm not specific on mods, but we raced. He tapped out at 64mph. My kx100 started pulling him when I hit 4th gear. I'd go ahead and take a Yz80 then drop some reeds along with a pipe to make it a crap ton mor faster.

Thanks fellas I will purchase it this Sudnay Ill put pics up when I bring it home.