the beast is turning

well asked before about triple clamps if 13 fit 12 and vise versa ,can say they DO, changed my triple to xtrig set it at 21mm offset ,and f****ng hell what a difference now the bike turns hold the line and go where i want to ,no more riding off the prefered line just point it and wroom your there ,can recomend it for all who doubt what difference triple clamps do (with a changed offset )

now i only wonder if i can have any benefits from a flywheel weight (riding mostly woods )

• Like 1

I've thought about getting a 136mm link but I'm 6'1 and worry about it feeling too short. I also ride gncc. Any other tall gncc style riders out there that have experience with these? How much does the sag change to compensate? Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I just ordered some 21.5mm offset clamps and this caught my attention.

I've thought about getting a 136mm link but I'm 6'1 and worry about it feeling too short. I also ride gncc. Any other tall gncc style riders out there that have experience with these? How much does the sag change to compensate? Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I just ordered some 21.5mm offset clamps and this caught my attention.

It only lowers it about 6mm

In my experience with it, the impact of the longer link is more about how it changes the linkage rate/action, and not so much that it lowers the rear.  You could install the longer link and increase spring preload to get the rear height back to the same (axle to fender measurement with you on the bike). But as you'd guess the measured rider sag changes. Would be less I think.

I don't think I would notice 6mm of height difference. Any idea what the sag should be with the longer link?

No I cannot remember. Just setup the actual ride height the same before vs after. The sag will be a little less when measured the usual way. Your tire might just tough the fender on big hits, and it wont extend down as far when it drops down or out. I think more like 4mm less and not 6.