And the breather box hits the carb

Did I do something wrong?

Got some Picts

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378574461.091476.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378574473.982707.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378574486.291535.jpg

The t fitting is temporary as I don't know what's wrong

2013-09-08-2111.jpg

You dont seem to have a crankcase breather box , just a brass tee piece , so get a longer hose . Most of us that have fitted the FCR/MX have either cut a quarter out of the choke plunger or bought eddies shortened choke lever . Standard the DRZ comes with a slant body FCR , the trade off with fitting a non standard carb is a bit of tweeking , greg

I have the breather box

It would hit the carb

So I pulled it out and put the fitting fast I could test ride it

What a difference and it ain't done yet

Is that the correct carb that comes with the TT carb kit?

I was able to fit the TT FCR kit with the breather box and still have the full choke knob.  It's a REAL tight fit, only about 1-2mm of clearance between the knob and petcock, but the choke fully extends as it should.  Just keep making minor adjustments and you should be able to get it. Loosening the breather box while installing the carb helps, you shouldn't need to remove it.

got the breather box in 

i snipped the the choke knob and it clears now 

and went for a ride 

what a difference 

even my mpg is better got 38mpg on my last tank 

compared to 30 on my old carb 

and a lot of that was 80%throttle fwy 

Wow, 30mpg on the stock carb is pretty bad.  Even flogging on mine with the properly jetted BSR it was hard to get under 40mpg.  Got 51mpg with the FCR on the freeway last week.  Between 60-70 mph for about 60 miles.  Not bad at all!

got the breather box in 

i snipped the the choke knob and it clears now 

and went for a ride 

what a difference 

even my mpg is better got 38mpg on my last tank 

compared to 30 on my old carb 

and a lot of that was 80%throttle fwy 

Something seems wrong with that gas mileage.  I beat on my drz (jetted BSR with 3x3, mrd/ssw open, mostly back roads) and its rare I don't get 45+ mpg.  I can easily get 100 miles out of a tank.

It's not jetted yet

Plus IM not done with the upgrades yet

So speak to us about the performance difference you noticed

I wouldn't ride it a bunch without jetting it properly...Might have been prudent to jet before installing the carb.

So speak to us about the performance difference you noticed

Pulls harder

More crisp throttle

Can't wait till I get the exhaust and the cams

I wouldn't ride it a bunch without jetting it properly...Might have been prudent to jet before installing the carb.

It's too rich at the moment

Once I get a full pipe in it it will be close

The biggest improvement with the FCR is that you can use the upper RPMs.  Even with a jetted BSR, the bike just runs out of steam past the mid-range.  With the FCR, you will find yourself hitting the rev limiter quite a bit.  It just keeps pulling!

The biggest improvement with the FCR is that you can use the upper RPMs.  Even with a jetted BSR, the bike just runs out of steam past the mid-range.  With the FCR, you will find yourself hitting the rev limiter quite a bit.  It just keeps pulling!

already have hit the rev-limiter the first long ride i took it out