Sign in to follow this  

MPG in a race setting?

I'm going to race a 5 mile hare scramble and I'm trying to calculate when to do my pit stops. I have a 2013 CRF250r. I havent raced before to really know what to expect. I was guessing around 25mpg so roughly a pit stop every 4 laps just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

I don't know how far in distance our 2013 crf250r goes but I have never had a modern bike that burns so much fuel during a moto. Our bike burns through most of it's tank in two 14 minute motos. I'd error on the shorter side of distance if our bike is any indication.

I don't know how far in distance our 2013 crf250r goes but I have never had a modern bike that burns so much fuel during a moto. Our bike burns through most of it's tank in two 14 minute motos. I'd error on the shorter side of distance if our bike is any indication.

Do you use race fuel or 91 octane?

We use Chevron Supreme. I think it's 94. That little bike is a pig on gas!

Is it stock? I thought about a remap, suspension work, 2.7 gallon gas tank and possibly strapping a little .5 or less gallon gas container on the rear fender but I think it'd just be in the way. Yea, tiny gas tank and boy does it eat gas!

The bike is stock except for the gearing.  It has a 51 tooth rear sprocket.  You should do 3 laps and stop for fuel.  You should be able to gauge how much you'll need.  It would be much better to stop early than run out of gas.

Yea, itd suck to be stranded that far from the pits!