Just got cops called on me.... best cop experience

I was riding for about... lets say 20 minutes. It was the first time in about a month because I just broke my ankle. I just got back and I go inside and went To go get a ciggerate I look outside and theres a cop there. I go outside and say hey officer there is a problem shake his hand and he says no somebody just called a cops and reported a green dirtbike (07 kx250f) and he was just stopping by to follow through with the complaint. Then I explained that I wasnt in the street and I rode to private property I have permision to ride on. Then he said I could be On the street and it doesnt matter just be back before he gets to our house. Then I was talking to him about the quads he rode on when he was a kid and it was a all around great experience. Post your cop experiences if you want lol good or bad

something to do with being a nation of convicts down under, but i've often been pulled up in a group and some of the riders are in the face of the cops straight away. "why ya pull me over? why not pull the cars over instead? why not catch some real criminals? blah blah".

i think no wonder they get the book thrown at them. then they complain about the cop's bad attitude afterwards.  :lol:

i've always been friendly and chilled and almost always had good experiences. only two bad ones were two who had the little hitler syndrome and went off at me for some time over a small infraction. but just agreed i did the wrong thing, stayed relaxed and let them get off on their power trip. both let me off in the end with a warning. 

like any job, any profession, i think the vast majority are decent human beings and will act accordingly if you give them some respect for what is often an unpleasant job with unpleasant peeps.

Please do not ride on the street.
No reg., no insurance = serious trouble.

Cool cops are great. Understand that he said he would only enforce the law if he caught you. Please, do not tempt him or other cops. Otherwise you'll be posting later (like so many kids do) about how the cops are harrassing you and you were not doing anything but going from your house to the trails. You'll get no pity.

I used to live in NJ. No way is it legal to ride on a pulblic road.

Did you read are you dont know how to I guess. I WASNT ON THE ROAD. NOT ON THE ROAD. And what are you calling me a kid, although I am 15 but probably more mature then you. I did not ask for pitty youre talking nonsense. Second of all this forum is for riders or at least this section of the forum.

Did you read are you dont know how to I guess. I WASNT ON THE ROAD. NOT ON THE ROAD. And what are you calling me a kid, although I am 15 but probably more mature then you. I did not ask for pitty youre talking nonsense. Second of all this forum is for riders or at least this section of the forum.

See any irony in your post? ;)

Cool cops are great. Understand that he said he would only enforce the law if he caught you. Please, do not tempt him or other cops. Otherwise you'll be posting later (like so many kids do) about how the cops are harrassing you and you were not doing anything but going from your house to the trails. You'll get no pity.

Your 15, and you walked inside to get a cigarette...lol,,,

+1

The ONLY time I ride on pavement is if the trail is on the other side of it. 

+1

The ONLY time I ride on pavement is if the trail is on the other side of it.

I don't. I just jump it to get to the other side. Lol

Last time I had an encounter with a cop it was pretty negative, most the time in my town cops don't care if we put on the sidewalk or side of the road, so me & a bud were going from his house to some trails, and we get on a quiet back road with a slight bent that looks like a T, the top part connects two main roads and the bottom is a dead end to the trail entrance, and I was about 3rd gear half throttle when my friend blows by me pulling an 11 o'clock wheelie, as a cop rounds the corner, so he stops him, then I ride up and he yells at me to take my helmet off, so then after 15 minutes of yelling about us being dangerous (???? There were no other cars on the road) he takes our names & the streets we live on (also ???? Because he didn't get the house #s) then tells us its out 1 warning and next time he catches us hell tow our bikes.......... he wouldntve even pulled us over if my friend was as slow as me & kept both wheels on the ground

Cops suck.

Yeh, wheelie boys! Dumb@$$e$!

This yarn has nothing to do with dirt bikes unfortunately, but I gotta tell ya anyways, I was a witness to two armed robbers flying down my street after the deed, the car was very distinctive, I noticed it again a few days later in traffic & called the cops with No plate & I told them what I had seen on the day of the robbery. A detective calls me back & wants to come to my house & have a chat, no worries, he turns up we talk, then he wants to go to the station to make an official statement, no worries lets go. We are walking towards his speced up V8 plain wrapped cop car, he says " jump in quick I think I' ve just seen the crims car out of the corner of my eye" we both jump in quick, then he rips this massive u-turn burn out, as this is happening I' m fidgeting with the seat belt & looking at my wife in the front yard with the WTF look on her face. We then hook left once again smoking the tyres, it's then I turn to him & say you drive I' ll shoot! the look on this D' s face was priceless, anyway the pursuit turned out to be nothing, we eventually went to the station, gave my story, I read in the local rag they busted em a few days later, but the look on this cops face makes me lol every time I remember, ROOSTA out.

I WASNT ON THE ROAD. NOT ON THE ROAD. And what are you calling me a kid, although I am 15 but probably more mature then you.

He says as he's stomping his feet!  In most places, whether you are on pavement or on the shoulder, it is considered as riding on the road. Sounds like the cop was cool. and most of them are, but you will run into a dick one day, thats having a bad day, and he WILL throw the book at you. Seen it happen a few times. BE CAREFUL.

Probably calling you a kid cause its in your screen name! "Kawasakikid"

Don't wear your feelings on your shoulder!

:lol:  Of course....most 15 year olds are wayyyyyy more mature than grown men.  :lol: 

I don't. I just jump it to get to the other side. Lol

lolololol.

Riding on the highway (Plated KTM 525 with knobbies).

65m/h zone, drops to 55, then to 45 as you pull into town. 

Cop lit me up just around the corner, still in the 65, but approaching the 55.

Said he laz0red me at 79. :ph34r:

License, registration, carry permit, insurance, equipment compliance form just to be on the safe side... goes back to the cruiser and runs me... comes back...

..."I didn't think a dirt bike could go that fast.  Keep the speeds reasonable, have a nice day. You're free to go."  :lol:

equipment compliance form

????

????

Photocopy of the form State Patrol fills out to certify a "dirt bike" has the required equipment to be road-legal.  Mirror, horn, lights, tires.  Signed by State Patrol. 

For the cop that doesn't know you can convert a dirt bike to a street-legal motorcycle.

See any irony in your post? ;)

And "Kid" is in his screen name.... :lol: