Sign in to follow this  

If you are a die hard Motorcyclist you need this!

I found this doing a search for trailers and thought it was pretty cool. It just needs a spot for fuel though you can store your gear on the street bike.

Dirt Bike trailer.jpg

Edited by Zrt1200
  • Like 1

I saw one once...swore I'd never have one. It was upside down, on the shoulder.

What is the one you saw? A CR? Or the trailer? Or the Cr on a trailer upside down? Edited by ridngslikecrack

I saw a fool on a 78 goldwing towing sea doo! I wonder how he gets it in the water?

I found this doing a search for trailers and thought it was pretty cool. It just needs a spot for fuel though you can store your gear on the street bike.

been wanting to do this since i was a little tyke. the love of dirtbike riding and taking it to the desert in the back of a truck is boring, but towing it with a big street bike has to be pretty cool. Saw something like this in the San Diego area few years back. the trailer was custom made with motorcycle wheels and tires and also had a disc brake on both wheels. We were both traveling on the local freeway and I could not get close enough to see how they operated.

First things first, get the center of gravity as low as possible, make the rail offset over the axel. setting the bike maybe 6" lower to the ground but of course not lower than the bottom part of the wheel is from the ground. don't want a simple flat tire to turn into a disaster. Breaking on turns must be pretty scary.

I saw a fool on a 78 goldwing towing sea doo! I wonder how he gets it in the water?

An older one would be tuff. An 1800 with reverse I think wouldn't be to bad. I still wouldn't do it. A guy that comes by the shop all the time has a pet pig that he takes everywhere with him on a trailer.... crazy.

Edit..... I found a pic.

dscf0002-1_zps39e71e8d.jpg

Edited by JCMINIS

Funny this was brought up.  There was an article in the back of the AMA magazine this month (offroad edition anyway) about a guy towing his dirt bike to hare scrambles on his older goldwing.  He said he doesn't recommend it.