Sign in to follow this  

Washington Dirty Dog

Chez, If you're out of riding shape, that 90 minutes is going to feel like 8 hours :p

Really? I could see if he was racing Long Course or something, but short course is a cake walk IMO.

Judging by the size of the puddles in front of the pits, both races will be Epic...IMHO :)

It kicked my ass.  I don't have a lot of experience in mud, and those muddy ruts were a whore.  I never could find my rhythm, and was on the edge of heat exhaustion by the time I was done.  Still did a lot better than the first time I raced (ever) two years ago. I don't even know if I got a second loop that time.  This time I hit the third loop with about 20 minutes remaining.   I was last in my class (5th) but three of 8 were DNF's and I was pretty close behind two others in my class. 

• Like 1

I raced Vet B and the first lap and a half were frustrating and I made some mistakes that cost me a few positions.  But after that I found by groove and managed to flow better and didn't have any crashes for the rest of my laps (6 total).  Overall it was fun.  The course was super tight in places and I could definitely feel the weight of the 400 in the tight stuff.  Ended up 6th out of 9, which was an improvement over my last race there in 2007 in the 200B class where I came in last in my class and dead last in the long course!  lol  I never have really liked Hannegan but Trav convinced me that it was a good idea to race.  

• Like 1

i dnf'd, picked up a metal shard in my front tire, likely on the way to the start line with the way the bike felt off the line and into the first few corners,  pulled off after two laps...  bummed.

Edited by DRS

i dnf'd, picked up a metal shard in my front tire, likely on the way to the start line with the way the bike felt off the line and into the first few corners,  pulled off after two laps...  bummed.

Too bad about the DNF.  Assuming you were Senior C, you were one of three DNF's in our class of 8. I will keep telling myself the other two DNF's were for other than mechanical reasons.

How's the 300 hunny treating you? Went riding today, not even 1 1/2 miles in I got a rear flat tire. A nail or something really sharp puntured my tire and tube. I hadf no tube or patch kit. I think somebody was trying to tell me something. Hope all is well. Might go to mountains next week (Taneum) if you're up to it.

Little Jeff

Little Jeff, the 300 is treating me a lot better than my own skills.  Still learning how to ride it, but the only issue I've had so far is my kill switch quit working last weekend which just took a little cleaning to rectify.  Digging the suspension setup from Les (LT Racing)  Too bad about the flat.  Had a good ride at Walker today.  Thanks for the invite, but I'm tenatively planning to do the Webfoot enduro there next Sunday and hopefully won't get a DFL (Dead F*&!#$% Last)

• Like 1

Too bad about the DNF.  Assuming you were Senior C, you were one of three DNF's in our class of 8. I will keep telling myself the other two DNF's were for other than mechanical reasons.

was in senior A