Sign in to follow this  

Klx110 2009 exhaust

It depends...Would you rather spend the money on something else? IE. For the price of a powercore 4 you can get a 143cc bore kit, or a high performance cam and a carburetor, or even a rear shock. All three choices would make a big difference on the bike. I'm only guessing you are looking at the powercore 4, and while it does hold up, it's one of the least nice pipes out there. I highly recommend the pro circuit t-4.

I have a powercore 4 on one of my bikes, and it does it's job...But the only reason I bought it was because I got it used for $50...I would never pay $150 for a powercore 4.

• Like 1

^+1 .. what he said.... "least nice".. that's funny... so true.

PC T-4 is the one to get. (Or the Yoshi). I've got Two-Bros M6 on mine cause the price was right.

The 2bros work great, but I think the ProC makes the best power of any, if you've got the other basic mods done..

Get a carb & intake first, or a pipe will do next to nothing except make the bike louder.

Same carb I've been using for years, no problems at all. It's known as an OKO 28 (Mikuni KnockOff):

http://www.hondatrailbikes.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=1003

It added no difference on the stock motor...maybe a tiny tiny jump on the bottom end when coming out of corners, but I put it on at the same time I drilled my airbox and I bet you could get the same benefits drilling out the restrictor on a stock pipe.

I tried taking out my restrictor/muffler but not sure how one of the bolts snapped but ill try thanks mate!

I tried taking out my restrictor/muffler but not sure how one of the bolts snapped but ill try thanks mate!

Not the baffle, but the restrictor where the head meets the pipe itself. The hole is only probably 3/8" in diameter...You can use a 5/8" drill bit or maybe even a 3/4" (I have a stock pipe and I will take a look later today) and drill it out...Same benefits as a PC4

Ok cheers tim ill try does it add much power/sound?

It'll give you about the same power benefits that a pc4 would...you will notice a slight gain on the bottom end, I found it a bit funner to come out of corners. It doesn't affect sound.

Hey Tim do you have a video or a demonstration on how to drill the hole bigger on the pipe where it meets the head on a klx110 cheers

Hey Tim do you have a video or a demonstration on how to drill the hole bigger on the pipe where it meets the head on a klx110 cheers

No I do not, it's right where the pipe meets the head it's kinda hard to miss...