What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

Actually I found the opposite to be true, but I admit they are not for everybody. Ran them for years on two GGs. Very natural feeling standing and leaning forward. I'm running the stock Beta race pegs now only because the pivot pegs were due for another rebuild and I sold them with the bike. Biggest negative IMO is the maintanence due to the tiny orings that fail often. You may not like them but don't bash until you try.

Seems people are very polarized on the idea of those pivot pegs. I have them on my GG and like them. Maybe not enough to but another set . Apart from that quality seems to be very good. One thing I did notice using them is, it appears my knees are a little bit more sore after a long ride which could be due to the extended mobility that they provide.

I'm still curious about these from zipty racing and ankle saver pegs.. I'm not planning on much airtime as far as the anklesaver pegs go but every once in a while I have crazy thoughts of charging some motocross. That's not exactly good being on blood thinners but still my old race blood get's itchy. I keep fighting off those feelings when it comes up . The offroad races and riding should help alleviate the mx bug . I know a bunch of people have gotten stress fractures from jumping not to mention achilles issues. Still in my mind these..especially the zipty pegs that look like bicycle pedals or floorboards might be good. It's all personal preference of course but when I look down at my size 13's I keep thinking not much is really holding me up. My feet go way off the pegs anyway. In tight stuff I'm not sure how it will fit through rocks etc but like all pegs they fold up when contacting obstacles.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/ktm-foot-peg-extensions/

http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/parts-accessories/141_1102_crain_products_ankle_savers_footpegs/

ktm peg fitment should work. 

I don't know anyone who has these .

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

One thing I do not like is really wide pegs, maybe because I'm a size 9 boot. My pivots were older, before they made them wider. The Beta pegs on the Race model are about my limit. I'd like to try pivots on the Beta if I could find an older set in great shape cheap.

I bought the AM Beta rear rotor guard/carrier with the bike. Very(too) pricy and nice, but like you I couldn't take the bike in the woods here without full armor and expect to ride it out.

Trust me your going to need this:

fastwayskid.JPG

One thing I do not like is really wide pegs, maybe because I'm a size 9 boot. My pivots were older, before they made them wider. The Beta pegs on the Race model are about my limit. I'd like to try pivots on the Beta if I could find an older set in great shape cheap.

I bought the AM Beta rear rotor guard/carrier with the bike. Very(too) pricy and nice, but like you I couldn't take the bike in the woods here without full armor and expect to ride it out.

Seriously, considering the machining of this linkage guard, i can not understand how they can price it 300$.

I could understand if it were made of titanium, but this is normal Anticorodal...

Just finished fitting up some PHDS bar mounts on my 400RR. Will hopefully help relieve some strain on my wrist

What is PHDS ?

Is the link more vulnerable than other links? I've never put a guard for my link on my cr and I've slammed that thing into everything since 01.

What is PHDS ?

Is the link more vulnerable than other links? I've never put a guard for my link on my cr and I've slammed that thing into everything since 01.

Its typical of a modern swing arm mounted rocker linkage. Very much like a CRF or a Husky. Not as low as a KTM. If you ride rocks or hop logs you will hit it occasionally, that is a sure thing. The Fastway/Stillwell skid exits not because the Beta is particularly bad, but for the Stillwell Endurocross team bikes along with the KTMs. If they ran Hondas you would probably have seen a Honda app first. It's a good thing having the option. I know I beat the crap out of the Scorpion skid on my '12 GG so this was a no brainer.