What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

3 hours ago, jcarlson9 said:

How do you like the seat concepts seat, and will the one for the IMS tank work with a stock tank ?

Thanks.

Seat concepts is awesome, I just have the wrong two seats. :) I ordered the seat concepts high with the BYOB program and it was a little to high for me in technical riding. Then I went to Shinko fatty tires and it was even taller so I ordered the SC low wide. It is very comfortable and great for touching the ground (I'm 6'1") but I am too crouched on the pegs. I also did not realize you could order specific for the IMS tank so it covers the wider front! So what I need is a Standard height, Wide, IMS version of a seat concepts seat, and it would be perfect. Then I would own  $1000 of seats :thumbsup: 

Durability and comfort are great with SC. I actually like having options. If I have a dualsport ride the high seat is perfect. It is when the going gets tough and you need to put your foot down on the downhill side of your bike that the lower seat height is better. IMHO as usual. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, newk75 said:

Seat concepts is awesome, I just have the wrong two seats. :) I ordered the seat concepts high with the BYOB program and it was a little to high for me in technical riding. Then I went to Shinko fatty tires and it was even taller so I ordered the SC low wide. It is very comfortable and great for touching the ground (I'm 6'1") but I am too crouched on the pegs. I also did not realize you could order specific for the IMS tank so it covers the wider front! So what I need is a Standard height, Wide, IMS version of a seat concepts seat, and it would be perfect. Then I would own  $1000 of seats :thumbsup: 

Durability and comfort are great with SC. I actually like having options. If I have a dualsport ride the high seat is perfect. It is when the going gets tough and you need to put your foot down on the downhill side of your bike that the lower seat height is better. IMHO as usual. 

My stock seat height is ok, a little thinner would be a bit better. It's just after riding over 45 minutes my butt really starts hurting !

• Like 1

The stock seat is already pretty thin but very hard.  I had Guts install their standard height soft foam seat to my stock beta seat pan using the stock cover and it is much more comfortable now.  MotoSkiveez padded shorts also help a lot.

Edited by Chas_M
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

Installed a Shinko 216 on the front and a Irc m5b evo on the back of my 300. So far the Nitro mousse is holding up well, 3rd tire and minimal signs of wear...still a bitch to put on.

Using hand tools? Haven't had any issues with tubliss but I'm interested in the nitro mousse

• 2 weeks later...

Had to throw the 2016 300RR a few dollars at her as she was needing some attention.

Not sure if I posted this or not but this was a while back. RK Tech out of Eastern Idaho makes these performance heads milled to your altitude and fuel grade. These have custom inserts that can be changed out If I went to Race gas or changed altitude.

40153457190_91528cae06_b.jpg20180504_223920_resized by Chris, on Flickr

Had to get another Fatty Pipe ( if you are thinking about getting the Gnarly dont). Only issue with the Beta when it comes to the header is the lack of space and any little bump you will bend the pipe. Even with the P3 guard. But man band new she is a screaming. Also purchased the Enduro engineering radiator guards and a new radiator. 

41061058575_2ec7a5fbda_b.jpg20180504_223856_resized by Chris, on Flickr

Trail Bound Straps

28088959818_bc40344959_b.jpg20180504_223846_resized by Chris, on Flickr

New Sprocket and brake pads. 45$ Rocky Mountain baby, Oh as you can see nothing but IRC M5B 140 18". If you are running anything else for a rear stop now. Best tire on the Market. 

41061059315_9c2d4b60e1_b.jpg20180504_223938_resized by Chris, on Flickr

• Like 6

I put on a new Fastway linkage guard and in the words of my best bro/ mechanic a big dorky front tire. Shinko 216mx fat tyre and a tubliss system. Almost forgot I put a new chain on one link longer to try to stop it from being so quick to try to come over backwards. Seems to have done the trick.

IMG_2878.JPGIMG_2879.JPG

Edited by edonkeyboy
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RobertAmsterdam said:

did you get a letter from Beta aswell, I need proof for my dealer, they don't believe Beta has a service call on those parts

Nah...not in Australia as Beta haven't called them a recall item?