What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

1 hour ago, rick2900 said:

eBay header guard installed. Not bad for 20$. 

E222E650-04FF-4283-B700-9E6367BD22EF.jpeg

It looks nice ? and way better than nothing. It matches well with the color scheme. I got  black on order. Im wondering if  I should have chosen another color now.  Your bike looks good!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2021 200rr. Just installed Racetech gold valves in forks.  Still need to test it out in the rocks but initial impressions are great! That harshness that i felt before is gone and there is no deflection.  This is while hitting small logs that would have normally transmitted to the bars.  Still need to try in the rocks but wow this thing is really feeling good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantomtracer said:

2021 200rr. Just installed Racetech gold valves in forks.  Still need to test it out in the rocks but initial impressions are great! That harshness that i felt before is gone and there is no deflection.  This is while hitting small logs that would have normally transmitted to the bars.  Still need to try in the rocks but wow this thing is really feeling good.

I've been leaning that way, that kit ain't cheap though. 

44 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I've been leaning that way, that kit ain't cheap though. 

Yeah, the extra expense is the compression assembly which is the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork.  It’s not just a bolt it has ports for the low speed compression shim stack drilled into it internally.  The kit also has a rebound piston.  So far I would say it’s totally worth it.  The shock kit is much cheaper, I have that to install.  I really wanted to test the fork first and see how much of a difference there was.

• Helpful 1

9 hours ago, phantomtracer said:

Yeah, the extra expense is the compression assembly which is the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork.  It’s not just a bolt it has ports for the low speed compression shim stack drilled into it internally.  The kit also has a rebound piston.  So far I would say it’s totally worth it.  The shock kit is much cheaper, I have that to install.  I really wanted to test the fork first and see how much of a difference there was.

Sachs or KYB?

Got my stock height seat concepts seat back on. I rode with the low seat and a tall ds style seat concepts seat  for a few rides each. Got a new TM chain guide. Got a new led ebay headlight to put on too. .. Got one of those air cleaners with the pointy foam all over it too. Forgot the name. 

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Got my stock height seat concepts seat back on. I rode with the low seat and a tall ds style seat concepts seat  for a few rides each. Got a new TM chain guide. Got a new led ebay headlight to put on too. .. Got one of those air cleaners with the pointy foam all over it too. Forgot the name. 

Can you comment on the different seat heights?  How tall are you?

i have the stock height seat concepts but feel it’s still a bit stiff.

11 minutes ago, phantomtracer said:

Seat concepts take 15-20 hours to break in, then remain cush forever. If it felt cushy right away, it would be mush after some use. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

How did they eBay headlight work out?

pics?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantomtracer said:

All 3 different height seats I have are seat concepts. All are great for different elements of riding for me. Im 6’1. The tall I have is the dualsport wider rear style which I think is most comfortable for my ergos in lots of more riding in general and especially open terrain riding. It’s awesome. The problem is our riding has lots of tech super steep downhills and fallen trees and you just are ducking and laying your body out a variety of times to get under stuff riding. Going down super steep slow stuff I have gone over ass end over . It’s just sketchy in certain times. So back to stock which has always been fine. The seat concepts stock height is great. Now that Ive ridden the dualsport style I think the best would be the ds style stock height. I also got the low seat concepts ds style seat. That brings my 15 300 rr to the same seat height as an Xtrainer. That’s absolutely awesome for the tech stuff and ducking under trees and super steep stuff and stepping in off cabers and stream bed rocks etc. In open faster stuff it’s not as good but that’s the trade off. It’s really depending on what you are riding as far as terrain and your height  etc. I was going to try the different seats and sell the one I don’t like  as much. Now I think I’ll keep and change for what Im riding... sort of like changing sprockets . The 2 I think best are the low and the stock height for here. It’s too much ducking and laying out to get under stuff. All are good to me though..

If you want softer than stock seat concepts you might thing of the guts soft tension foam and go stock or tall seat height. Those are softer. I got that on my Beta 525.

Here’ The stock sc height seat.

D00DC04C-D43F-406A-8A71-A92544DDD33F.jpeg

15B54C60-DBEF-4A13-B639-343F83447423.jpeg

On 11/25/2020 at 5:52 AM, Diesel McNasty said:

How did they eBay headlight work out?

pics?

It’s not on. Fixing toilets and faucets and whatever..plus thanksgiving etc.  maybe later today but family is lining me up with more stuff to do.. I can still ride tomorrow without for now. Got the stock one on. 

pics for now.  I think it was $55??? Ebay 

5BCC01A4-AA08-4AFD-8E72-1092E1D89F2E.jpeg

45EF5C5D-BDB4-4723-BB43-574FB67D58C8.jpeg

A1D5F184-0758-4355-A749-561A07A54848.jpeg

87DFFB99-F4EB-4A9D-B706-7401DF8714A6.jpeg

FBB465AD-B07E-4C1C-8ABA-D5A754F9C2FA.jpeg

82603C14-A2FB-46A5-8CC7-E9A299D61046.jpeg

• Like 2

Installed GT 216 80/100-21 with Nitro Mousse which replaced my 90/90-21 Tubliss. Definitely narrower tire which I am excited about. I squeezed in on old tire too to make more realistic comparison.

E71D773A-4B8F-4667-A869-0EC2B6C49DEB.jpeg

6 hours ago, randy450r said:

Installed GT 216 80/100-21 with Nitro Mousse which replaced my 90/90-21 Tubliss. Definitely narrower tire which I am excited about. I squeezed in on old tire too to make more realistic comparison.

E71D773A-4B8F-4667-A869-0EC2B6C49DEB.jpeg

Much narrower....did you not like the handling of the wider tire?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

Much narrower....did you not like the handling of the wider tire?

It was fine but I used to run the 80/100 on my Honda 450r and I liked it a lot.