• Announcements

    • Bryan Bosch

      2019 Zooks!   07/17/2018

      Suzuki Introduces 2019 Motocross, Dual Sport, Off-Road and Youth Models
offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,887 posts in this topic

Hawaii

I have the new fox raptor and yes first ride the shoulder protector fell off

and the dealers were no help, so i fixed it my self with a rivet.

The chest protector feels good when on and not to hot.

I like the side protection for the ribs.

Hope this helps.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nick450X said:

Hawaii

I have the new fox raptor and yes first ride the shoulder protector fell off

and the dealers were no help, so i fixed it my self with a rivet.

The chest protector feels good when on and not to hot.

I like the side protection for the ribs.

Hope this helps.

 

Cool! That’s one good review!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank A said:

Did a valve check. Not even close to needing to be adjusted. 

OK, just bought a 4T.  Have done tons of valve checks on Husky's, Honda's, Yamaha's, KTM's (and cars/trucks).  I looked at my Beta, and can't see how to even get the cover off given the clearance between the frame and valve cover.  Is it easier than it looks, or what's the process to get in there?  Also, what are the clearance specs for our bikes?

 

Many thanks,

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

OK, just bought a 4T.  Have done tons of valve checks on Husky's, Honda's, Yamaha's, KTM's (and cars/trucks).  I looked at my Beta, and can't see how to even get the cover off given the clearance between the frame and valve cover.  Is it easier than it looks, or what's the process to get in there?  Also, what are the clearance specs for our bikes?

 

Many thanks,

 

Mark

Here's a procedure for my 2014 520RS: Once the fuel tank is pulled, pull & place plug wire up near the CDI for working room, cut zip ties & unplug and move right hand wire loom, remove rear motor mounts, remove valve cover screws, free up clutch hose and hold to rear (I use an Allen wrench), keep valve cover low and lead removal with left rear corner, clear left rear, lift front and roll cover back while turning cover clockwise.

Specs for my bike are intake 0.10 mm - 0.175 mm, exhaust 0.125 mm - 0.20 mm. I'm at 130 hrs., have done checks religiously and haven't needed to make any adjustments yet.  Hope this helps,works for me.

Edited by desertrat28
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

OK, just bought a 4T.  Have done tons of valve checks on Husky's, Honda's, Yamaha's, KTM's (and cars/trucks).  I looked at my Beta, and can't see how to even get the cover off given the clearance between the frame and valve cover.  Is it easier than it looks, or what's the process to get in there?  Also, what are the clearance specs for our bikes?

 

Many thanks,

 

Mark

You need to measure the clearence between the cam and the follower, not the follower and the shim. When reinstalling the head stays, put all the bolts in loose, before tightening. It is still difficult as the stay mounts bolt holes are tight. Also change out the "special screw" on the valve cover with a normal one. Anti-seize is your friend.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank A said:

You need to measure the clearence between the cam and the follower, not the follower and the shim. When reinstalling the head stays, put all the bolts in loose, before tightening. It is still difficult as the stay mounts bolt holes are tight. Also change out the "special screw" on the valve cover with a normal one. Anti-seize is your friend.

Forgot, watchout for the small gasket on the inside of the cover, which is around the spark plug channel. It will come out.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 8:28 AM, dirtbird said:

Actually it is exactly the opposite.

Too heavy for you.....

I stand corrected. Thank you.

After breaking in, I now adjust the race sag in full gear to 90mm and the static sag is at 35mm.  I think that's good enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 8:46 PM, bikesandcars said:
On 10/20/2017 at 11:35 PM, Ocaptainmycaptain said:
Installed a Scotts Steering stabilizer.  Tried it out last week on a 130-mile ride in the Jersey pine barrens.  Love it. 
 
20170916_122147.jpg.4c56e45f5d51df3ac0486f4d50dea764.jpg

How did it help? What are you riding?

I'm on a 2016 390RR.

I ride a lot of sandy/dirt terrain - fast single track, slow single track in tight woods and then some wider open trails.  To be clear - I always felt like my Beta has been a stable bike off-road.  I never experienced any headshake even at speed, whether on the pavement or in the dirt.  But, on the faster single track trails I will occasionally encounter a hair-raising sudden deflection off of rocks, tree stumps, roots and other hidden gremlins trying to take me down.  This is why I wanted the Scotts damper.  At the end of the first ride I did last weekend with the Scotts I noticed that I had no "oh shit" moments.  The bike tracked well on everything and made me feel more confident and relaxed, and I can only assume that the damper was functioning as it was meant to.  

Edited by Ocaptainmycaptain
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

I might bite the bullet and get the fox raptor... Then see ifI can make it cooler if possible. The protection on the side does look great though. The acerbis is just much more vented.

If you get one I suggest loctiting the screws that hold the shoulder pads on.  Mine came unscrewed during a ride but luckily I found the screw on the ground.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GerGa said:

If you get one I suggest loctiting the screws that hold the shoulder pads on.  Mine came unscrewed during a ride but luckily I found the screw on the ground.

Yea my zoom 2 acerbis now is held together with zip ties and odd nuts and bolts as it is. I’m still trying to make that last as long as possible.. it’s beat up though. The raptor looks hot .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the Astars a10 its super ventilated but it didn't fit me well or else I'd own it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I first destroyed the whole back of my Beta RR300 2013 and then I fitted a new 2018 rear mudguard. After that I also fitted a custom made seat cover by T-Cover and now I think it looks allot better :D

Before....totaly destroyed  :o
lrmexport20171018194631.jpg

After with 2018 rear muffler  :D
lrmexport20171018182335.jpg

lrmexport20171019082919.jpg

Fitted T-Cover seatcover
lrmexport20171019205250.jpg

lrmexport20171020142445.jpg

lrmexport20171020144359.jpg

 

Edited by MX_Peter
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forgot, watchout for the small gasket on the inside of the cover, which is around the spark plug channel. It will come out.

Dang. I’m glad I got the RR300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed the engine \ tranny fluids and installed Boano steel oil pump gears!

Z7J54wz.jpg

szrLC3C.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by MarantzManiac
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with: