offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,596 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

New 350...currently bone stock, but the plan is to put on my spare set of Sachs CC forks and build kind of a street-legal race bike.59f24eb07c65e_new3502.JPG.72fefc64dba6a749d4f5414c29f8b17d.JPG59f24ec55de08_new3501.JPG.0c43a2d9a254249a604b412976e6af5a.JPG

Another Motoxotica purchase!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Sierra_rider said:

New 350...currently bone stock, but the plan is to put on my spare set of Sachs CC forks and build kind of a street-legal race bike.59f24eb07c65e_new3502.JPG.72fefc64dba6a749d4f5414c29f8b17d.JPG59f24ec55de08_new3501.JPG.0c43a2d9a254249a604b412976e6af5a.JPG

Keeping the 300 as well?

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, OscarFox said:

Keeping the 300 as well?

Yep, the plan is to keep my 300 as my main ride...I'm still a 2 stroke fanatic...if I could legitimately plate a 2 stroke in this state, I would've gone that route.

Besides, I've got way too much into the 300 to even think about replacing it quite yet...I might think about a new 300 in another couple years.

Edited by Sierra_rider
1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, OscarFox said:

Weight savings gone too far? :ride:

F6qLl3.jpg

Rebuild time on your 250?

Anyway, did my first ride on the 350 tonight...IDK if they were always like this or it's the new frame, but this thing handles almost as good as my 300. 

Just now, Sierra_rider said:

Rebuild time on your 250?

Anyway, did my first ride on the 350 tonight...IDK if they were always like this or it's the new frame, but this thing handles almost as good as my 300. 

Yup, should have it ready to rip by Sunday. I agree on the 350, it was an absolute blast to ride through the trees last weekend. 

1 person likes this

Mounted a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 and played a little bit with it in the woods. Very nice! The adjustable slave is a very nice feature compared to the previous model I had on my RMZ450.

1 person likes this

Mounted a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 and played a little bit with it in the woods. Very nice! The adjustable slave is a very nice feature compared to the previous model I had on my RMZ450.

Agree, with the cable actuated clutch it's definitely more of a pain to adjust.

No, it was already a hydraulic clutch. I also had one on my cable clutch DRZ and that was worst.

Finally got my handguards squares away.  I've always been a fan of rigid barkbusters, but the BRP Rubber Mount for the Sub Mount damper takes up a lot of real estate at the center of the bars where most hand guards clamp on.  So I went with the BRP Hand Guard Mounts which replace the top bar clamps. 

These and the Cycra Pro Bend were the best setup in my case.  I tried running the HDB setup but that took too much room and interfered with the Voyager.  The problem with the BRP Hand Guard setup was that there were 2 extra holes that weren't being used and all the material stuck out. Also, with the Cycras, there was at least an inch of adjustment slot left over on each side too.

You can see all the extra material in the pic below. 2 extra holes on the black BRP Hand Guard Mount and all the extra slot in the Cycra.

20170804_181403.jpg.4631a98d1f8a40a7c2ef3b23a00c8477.jpg

So I leaned on a buddy to cut and weld the Cycra slot and my brother in law to cut the black BRP portion.  All cleaned up, no more hoakie looking setup.  

20171031_163845.jpg

20171031_163743.jpg

20171031_163831.jpg

20171031_163959.jpg

3 people like this

New frame protectors, oil plugs & front axle pull handle.  Received all day after ordering from Sierra.  Impressive!!  Yeap, Acerbis protectors were easy to put on with passenger peg kit, if you might be wondering.

BetaDale in Colfax

3362E397-1AF4-431A-BCE0-70F63A5BAF3A.jpeg

C9829603-A36F-4604-845A-0B3B8E2CC1E4.jpeg

2 people like this

4 hours ago, BetaDale said:

New frame protectors, oil plugs & front axle pull handle.  Received all day after ordering from Sierra.  Impressive!!  Yeap, Acerbis protectors were easy to put on with passenger peg kit, if you might be wondering.

BetaDale in Colfax

3362E397-1AF4-431A-BCE0-70F63A5BAF3A.jpeg

C9829603-A36F-4604-845A-0B3B8E2CC1E4.jpeg

Link for the protectors, please!  Tried looking but did not see the listing.  

I’m still waiting on my BYOB to complete and ship out, but got my supermoto set put together. Took my time and used an Outex kit to seal the wheels for tubeless tires, warmed up the tires using a hairdryer, applied some beadwax, they mounted on nice and easy with stubby tire tools, took the pressure up to 40 to help the outex seal, let them sit a couple days, dropped them down to 25 and the pressure hasn’t budged since. First try with something like this so I am glad it went well! Whenever the bike arrives I’m planning to pull the stems, put in some ride-on (more for balance than hazard protection), air up, then do my initial bike break in on asphalt (should be easier for me to control rpms before swapping back to knobs and hitting the off-road areas). Wife would kill me with two bikes in the garage, this is my workaround with minor compromises to have 2 in 1!
IMG_4468.jpg

4 people like this

A lot of great reviews and feedback here on AXP Xtrem skid plates, combined with a 20% off coupon code they just emailed out, makes for a no-brainer decision in getting one of these ...

BLACKFRIDAY TIME ! SAVE 20% AT CHECKOUT* WITH CODE : BLACKAXP (From 24th to 26th night of November)