offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,798 posts in this topic

Yesterday...bolted up the TM designs skidplate and of course the new suspension. Stillwell-tuned shock with the bladder kit and CC Sachs revalved/sprung with different ICS springs as well. Told them I wanted the closest I could get to my 300 with CC 'Zokes and a Fox podium.

20171227_134749.jpg

Yesterday...bolted up the TM designs skidplate and of course the new suspension. Stillwell-tuned shock with the bladder kit and CC Sachs revalved/sprung with different ICS springs as well. Told them I wanted the closest I could get to my 300 with CC 'Zokes and a Fox podium.

20171227_134749.jpg

5 people like this

On 12/31/2017 at 9:00 PM, pineapplebrah said:

Tried out a set of Emperor Racing mounts. Little did I know that it blocked access for the key. Anybody install a toggle switch in place or eliminate the key switch?

3PQTLtf.jpg

Why did you put those on?  What hand guards are you going to use?  

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Brock Warwick said:

Why did you put those on?  What hand guards are you going to use?  

Mainly to clean up the bars. I'm using G2 handguards. Just ended up cutting down the key. Works fine.

1 person likes this

I replaced my stock rear for a new MOTOZ hybred gummy...very sticky !
5a4d533824465_MOTOZtire.thumb.jpg.9168efc58e72426282cb351a7bd18623.jpg

Very cool, I liked the past MotoZ hybrid I ran, now when you need a front try the MotoZ extreme hybrid 80/100-21 I’m digging the heck out of mine especially with Tubliss.

I think the front i'll get is the fatty golden tire. It sounds like a great tire.

14 hours ago, jcarlson9 said:

I think the front i'll get is the fatty golden tire. It sounds like a great tire.

You can save some money with a shinko mx216, which is the same tire (you can do a little web search to verify).

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Marylander said:

You can save some money with a shinko mx216, which is the same tire (you can do a little web search to verify).

I wish shinko had designed these copies with the NON FIM height knobs. While I like the goldentyre 216 type tires in the rocks, the utter lack of sidebight round the terms turns me off from them. I might get the shinko and a moose and see if it truely is designed for low pressure. I felt them sliddy in the turns.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

I wish shinko had designed these copies with the NON FIM height knobs. While I like the goldentyre 216 type tires in the rocks, the utter lack of sidebight round the terms turns me off from them. I might get the shinko and a moose and see if it truely is designed for low pressure. I felt them sliddy in the turns.

It's my understanding that shinko didn't do any design work on these as they are the same molds used to make the goldentyres (which shinko actually made on contract - I get the impression goldentyres is a design company and not a manufacturer). So, they are not shinko designed and they aren't copies. I haven't gotten one yet as I've got the original goldentyres branded one and they last pretty well. I'll be doing one soon though as I've got a new tubliss setup and need a new tire to go with it.

8 minutes ago, Marylander said:

It's my understanding that shinko didn't do any design work on these as they are the same molds used to make the goldentyres (which shinko actually made on contract - I get the impression goldentyres is a design company and not a manufacturer). So, they are not shinko designed and they aren't copies. I haven't gotten one yet as I've got the original goldentyres branded one and they last pretty well. I'll be doing one soon though as I've got a new tubliss setup and need a new tire to go with it.

Does the knob height not bother you? My stock beta 300 tires felt like they had no side bite. I guess if I ran them down around 5 psi, similar to having a mousse they would perform better but A. I don't want to run mousse's because money, and B. I can't run tubes that low in new england. So the tire just doesn't work for me.

2 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

Does the knob height not bother you? My stock beta 300 tires felt like they had no side bite. I guess if I ran them down around 5 psi, similar to having a mousse they would perform better but A. I don't want to run mousse's because money, and B. I can't run tubes that low in new england. So the tire just doesn't work for me.

You are talking about the front tire? The only Shinko 216 I've found for sale is the front. Either way, I haven't had an issue with the Goldentyres (and now front Shinko) and side bite while turning. I'm back to a m5b evo with a mousse on the back, but only because the evo last longer. The stock Michelin have much smaller lugs and are a horrible tire in the dirt. I could live with the stock rear until it was worn out after 15 hours, but the front came off after 1 ride...my complaint of my '18 350 knifing in on turns was completely tied to the front tire. The Shinko mx216 fixed everything.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

You are talking about the front tire? The only Shinko 216 I've found for sale is the front. Either way, I haven't had an issue with the Goldentyres (and now front Shinko) and side bite while turning. I'm back to a m5b evo with a mousse on the back, but only because the evo last longer. The stock Michelin have much smaller lugs and are a horrible tire in the dirt. I could live with the stock rear until it was worn out after 15 hours, but the front came off after 1 ride...my complaint of my '18 350 knifing in on turns was completely tied to the front tire. The Shinko mx216 fixed everything.

https://www.shinkotireusa.com/products/off-road/extreme-enduro

SX216 Rear in 140/80/18

3 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

I haven't had an issue with it but we may have different cornering styles. I know the terrain you're talking about (I've ridden in central mass) and the stuff I ride here is rocks. I currently run 9psi in the front goldentyres 216 fatty with a BS ultra HD tube. I've done the shinko cheater and now have a kenda equilibrium on the rear (I ran these on my old kx250 too).

It wasn't cheap, but I finally broke down and bought the Motominded Baja designs Squadron sport. It's only the 20w, but I think even that's something like 2200 lumens. Anyway, it's freakin' bright...I'll probably get the Squadron Pro for the 350 as it can support a higher wattage light.

0120182122.thumb.jpg.fefe17914406d5a9250cde5dfd7423e8.jpg

Edited by Sierra_rider
3 people like this

KYB forks I bought off another member on BetaRiders, new CS sprocket and DDC rear sprocket, primary drive chain. Also switched back to the stock carb after messing around with the Lectron. National Hare and Hound next week!

qHqw7x.jpg

2 people like this

8 hours ago, OscarFox said:

KYB forks I bought off another member on BetaRiders, new CS sprocket and DDC rear sprocket, primary drive chain. Also switched back to the stock carb after messing around with the Lectron. National Hare and Hound next week!

qHqw7x.jpg

Any issues with the 'zokes?