offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

21 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Ride report ?? 

I ride them 3 years now....

You can do whatever valving you want, install whatever spring you want, use whatever bladder pressure you want.

Its up to your tuning if they work. But even on std settings are very good. For more, ask Terry Hay.

I ride them 3 years now....
You can do whatever valving you want, install whatever spring you want, use whatever bladder pressure you want.
Its up to your tuning if they work. But even on std settings are very good. For more, ask Terry Hay.

Yes Terry raves about them, he is worth listening to.

19 hours ago, AdamChandler said:

sure thing! This is a shop in new Hampshire by the way. They were just under what they quoted me mostly because the rep took off a lot of shop supplies fees to get it under the quoted amount. 

Good reference for us all, thanks.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, AdamChandler said:

sure thing! This is a shop in new Hampshire by the way. They were just under what they quoted me mostly because the rep took off a lot of shop supplies fees to get it under the quoted amount. 

JGIxcqF.jpeg

Bt1uEt0.jpeg

WtMLXnV.jpeg

Glad you got it back.  At least for me, that three weeks went by quick.  It is good you got all that done as it is everything really.  I also had them do my steel oil gears as my bike was the first Beta that they had done.  

It must be running mint.  

17 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

Glad you got it back.  At least for me, that three weeks went by quick.  It is good you got all that done as it is everything really.  I also had them do my steel oil gears as my bike was the first Beta that they had done.  

It must be running mint.  

I like doing my own maintenance but given how the bike kept throwing curve balls at me, it sometimes helps to over-pay for a professional to do it and the bike is running flawlessly. They even fixed my fueling issue where the bike was doing this weird stuttering between 30-50MPH. I'm pretty impressed overall. 

The only thing they didn't fix is my broken speed sensor. Need to check the connections and find out what's going on. GPS speed works though so I'm using that for now. 

I'm with you on doing most everything myself but I do know my limitations, like with the steel gears.  I had to take the bike in for warranty and the kickstarter not returning on its own so while it was in, and as I was going on a 2 week vacation anyway, to have them replace the gears was easy for me to have them do and to just pay the bill.  This was last summer.  

I use GPS for everything as well.  I have always found it to be more accurate overall and it does not take long for it to get a signal, pretty much right at start-up. 

It is good that the 30-50 mph issue has been fixed, that would drive me crazy.  

The good thing about a dealer is that should something go wrong, they can help and as there can't be many Beta's that Naults works on, we are often remembered pretty well.  I may have to take my bike to them on Monday if I can't get my starting problem figured out on my own.  Now you have nothing to really do but ride, change the oils and make sure the air filter stays clean.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 2

Got a few photos of the bike. Not sure if it's worth embedding them but they're here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamjackson/albums/72157701220763434 

• Like 1

80 hrs valve check on the 350RR no movement as usual. New tyres and pads front and rear, change all fluids and a new water pump rad hose. The hose was hitting on the header over really rough ground not good. It's hard to see as well. IMG_20180918_184458696.thumb.jpg.88c58f1b7178106803a2e49b0d6262ae.jpg