offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

Just finished my Kayaba conversion! Looks awesome no diving under braking in little ride around the yard. Speedo works and everything. Just need some new guards for the lower fork tubes. IMG_3309.thumb.JPG.4a1175eafced02c7c9aada92b599b571.JPGIMG_3312.thumb.JPG.43e1cbc0a216433065647f2aa5b36ec6.JPG

• Like 3

Me on the RRS, my buddy on the GSA. He's been riding enduro for 20+ years. I've been riding my ADV bike (and more recently the beta) for 2 years. I have a lot of learning to do.

I should also add this was after riding 380 miles in 24 hours on on the Beta on more packed and maintained dirt roads so I was pretty beat. my legs weren't really happy with all of the standing.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Brock Warwick said:

Ok, was only asking because of the issues I had with fitting Cycra with the BRP rubber submount.  The BRP rubber submount lower portion sticks way out on the bars into the area where the Cycra clamps to the bars. Not sure if you have the BRP rubber submount or not....

I ended up having to use the BRP handguard mounts to bring the Cycra out away from the clutch cable routing. 

Thanks again for the heads up Brock - you were dead right.  Ordered the BRP bar/handguard mounts you recommended, and everything went together perfect.  Also added a GL bar bag, and a side stand pad (should have done that day 1).

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2579.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Getting ready for a trip to Tennessee for 3 days of trials and cross training, and then on up to Michigan to ride with my son and daughter in law.   Serviced the bike, added EE radiator guards today.  Headed out Sunday for a week+ of fun.

Disappointed with MotoSupply.  Ordered both an Oil Injection Delete Kit and a P-Tech skid/pipe protector well over a month ago.  After a couple of weeks of not hearing anything, I called.  They had to order the skid from Estonia for me.  OK, no problem.  Kept following up - skids are in the US, held up in customs.  Then, skids are on there way out of customs.  Then, after my son tells me he received a UPS shipping notification on his (that he ordered after me), and not having received any communications a couple of days later, I called today.  Told, they had ordered 7, and shipped all 7 out.  Not sure why I wasn't one of the 7, as my order was placed well ahead of others.  So now, they have to wait to get more from Estonia before they can ship mine.  This is their tagline on their website:

"We specialize in CUSTOMER SERVICE."  

I think not - no communications, then when I call they tell me they ordered for me, then told they shipped to others instead.  If there was another supplier for these . . .

:banghead:

IMG_2589.JPG

Edited by markbfe501

14 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

Disappointed with MotoSupply.  Ordered both an Oil Injection Delete Kit and a P-Tech skid/pipe protector well over a month ago.  After a couple of weeks of not hearing anything, I called.  They had to order the skid from Estonia for me.  OK, no problem.  Kept following up - skids are in the US, held up in customs.  Then, skids are on there way out of customs.  Then, after my son tells me he received a UPS shipping notification on his (that he ordered after me), and not having received any communications a couple of days later, I called today.  Told, the had ordered 7, and shipped all 7 out.  Not sure why I wasn't one of the 7, as my order was placed well ahead of others.  So now, they have to wait to get more from Estonia before they can ship mine.  This is their tagline on their website:

I think not - no communications, then when I call they tell me they ordered for me, then told they shipped to others instead.  If there was another supplier for these . . .

I even checked status of your order on a couple of occasions when i was checking on mine, they said it was in the same boat as my order on would ship at the same time. 

They seem good to deal with as long as you're calling them. Email or just waiting for them to reach out to you doesn't seem to happen on the few orders i've had with them so far. 

Can always order straight from P-tech. Probably be quicker at this point. 

Alternative option, although pricier

https://www.carapaks.com

image.png

Edited by 17YZ250F
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

Getting ready for a trip to Tennessee for 3 days of trials and cross training, and then on up to Michigan to ride with my son and daughter in law.   Serviced the bike, added EE radiator guards today.  Headed out Sunday for a week+ of fun.

Disappointed with MotoSupply.  Ordered both an Oil Injection Delete Kit and a P-Tech skid/pipe protector well over a month ago.  After a couple of weeks of not hearing anything, I called.  They had to order the skid from Estonia for me.  OK, no problem.  Kept following up - skids are in the US, held up in customs.  Then, skids are on there way out of customs.  Then, after my son tells me he received a UPS shipping notification on his (that he ordered after me), and not having received any communications a couple of days later, I called today.  Told, they had ordered 7, and shipped all 7 out.  Not sure why I wasn't one of the 7, as my order was placed well ahead of others.  So now, they have to wait to get more from Estonia before they can ship mine.  This is their tagline on their website:

IMG_2589.JPG

Yeah Sierra BMW is a joke for the most part.

9 hours ago, 17YZ250F said:

I even checked status of your order on a couple of occasions when i was checking on mine, they said it was in the same boat as my order on would ship at the same time. 

They seem good to deal with as long as you're calling them. Email or just waiting for them to reach out to you doesn't seem to happen on the few orders i've had with them so far. 

Can always order straight from P-tech. Probably be quicker at this point. 

Alternative option, although pricier

https://www.carapaks.com

I have no problems spending more of your inheritance!  :p

On 10/1/2018 at 5:20 PM, AdamChandler said:

Me on the RRS, my buddy on the GSA. He's been riding enduro for 20+ years. I've been riding my ADV bike (and more recently the beta) for 2 years. I have a lot of learning to do.

I should also add this was after riding 380 miles in 24 hours on on the Beta on more packed and maintained dirt roads so I was pretty beat. my legs weren't really happy with all of the standing.

Maybe a tall soft seat??

19 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

IMG_2589.JPG

Bummer. So far I’ve got great fast service from Sierra.

EnduroPlate Initial Test
So I've been on a few rides now with the @enduroplate installed and all I have to say is WOW. When I first saw the design I wondered how much it was going to flop around when hitting breaking bumps, whoops etc but I was pleasantly surprised that there was nothing of that sort occurring. I even had my buddies watch the plate while riding to see if there was any movement and they saw none. I haven't crashed with the plate on yet and will report back when I do but I'm very confident the plate will do it's job.
From a purely functional perspective the #Enduroplate eliminates all of the plate destruction issues we particularly struggle with here in SoCal where we must have a license plate to ride in most areas. More testing needs to be done but so far so good.
The only issue I had was that I had to tap my own hole in my stock enduro tail. Two of the pre-driled holes lined up perfect but the bottom mounting hole was a bit short. This could just be a Beta thing though as I'm sure it probably lines up perfectly on a KTM/Husky.
I'm excited to continue testing this innovative product that looks to solve. a common problem for us enduro riders. Stay tuned for more testing and an eventual long term review to come! #ADVLite IMG_20181007_085729_129.jpegIMG_20181007_090201_448.jpeg

Just finished my Kayaba conversion! Looks awesome no diving under braking in little ride around the yard. Speedo works and everything. Just need some new guards for the lower fork tubes. IMG_3309.thumb.JPG.4a1175eafced02c7c9aada92b599b571.JPGIMG_3312.thumb.JPG.43e1cbc0a216433065647f2aa5b36ec6.JPG

Have you shortned it? Or just slide through the triple clamp?

Have you shortned it? Or just slide through the triple clamp?

AMP shortened them 30mm and sprung for my girth.

Rode my 350 plus a few other new bikes at my dealer's demo day. Had to try the 430rr-s to see if my 350 was the right choice...the 430 is a point and shoot bike, extremely fun, but my 350 is much easier to ride "on the pipe." Tried a Husky dual sport 350 too, slow in comparison to my Beta. It vibrated more and had the weird Ktm ergos that I hate. Didn't get much time on it as I bottomed the suspension on a G-out and the big funky fender got sucked into the tire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Removed bulbous pipe and installed svelte pipe. Weighs less, more tucked away, did not result in loss of low end power and power feels more linear. Protrudes less on left side too (I've whacked the RR pipe hard there before). X-trainer pipe on a 300RR.

ACED2C1E-CAAA-45E9-91E8-4C15DB7CB879.jpeg.1920c20fcb25ce1b798c5914378ed472.jpeg8BA98811-48A9-417F-B1D1-E8E1B24A95B8.jpeg.ad88a6628e5891aaee514abb0c63a6e9.jpeg0E474A24-CC71-4902-87B9-494B658F9AA8.jpeg.b15f95d3b0a86a6ddb64851d007aa3bb.jpegAAA07FCC-CED6-4AFB-A434-E603F3D65779.jpeg.e71dab1e139aa9c733bb4fb41830e794.jpegD8E6E1E3-BB86-4384-A7B2-2BFA32790B78.jpeg.61a4f720269bd3907bef443fd1a388fd.jpeg

• Like 1

Got my P-tech skid installed today. Very impressed with the quality and ease of install. 

Have a couple minor goodies on their way to get her set up for trail duty (bag, spares,etc) and she'll be done until i start looking into my winter projects (kick starter being one)

56081032410__3C6F8EF7-C2E1-4DC9-9119-7D622CA74720.JPG

• Like 4

On 10/9/2018 at 2:20 PM, 17YZ250F said:

Got my P-tech skid installed today. Very impressed with the quality and ease of install. 

Have a couple minor goodies on their way to get her set up for trail duty (bag, spares,etc) and she'll be done until i start looking into my winter projects (kick starter being one)

56081032410__3C6F8EF7-C2E1-4DC9-9119-7D622CA74720.JPG

Wow the red Xtrainer is nice!!! Bike looks great!!

On 10/8/2018 at 12:19 PM, shrubitup said:

Removed bulbous pipe and installed svelte pipe. Weighs less, more tucked away, did not result in loss of low end power and power feels more linear. Protrudes less on left side too (I've whacked the RR pipe hard there before). X-trainer pipe on a 300RR.

ACED2C1E-CAAA-45E9-91E8-4C15DB7CB879.jpeg.1920c20fcb25ce1b798c5914378ed472.jpeg8BA98811-48A9-417F-B1D1-E8E1B24A95B8.jpeg.ad88a6628e5891aaee514abb0c63a6e9.jpeg0E474A24-CC71-4902-87B9-494B658F9AA8.jpeg.b15f95d3b0a86a6ddb64851d007aa3bb.jpegAAA07FCC-CED6-4AFB-A434-E603F3D65779.jpeg.e71dab1e139aa9c733bb4fb41830e794.jpegD8E6E1E3-BB86-4384-A7B2-2BFA32790B78.jpeg.61a4f720269bd3907bef443fd1a388fd.jpeg

Actually supposed to have a little more low end and still winds out but not as much hit obviously. Felt good for trail when I tried one in the past.  You obviously like it. :ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1