Jump to content
offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

Recommended Posts

That looks like it likely was a lot of work to cut that fallen tree in half.  In this particular situation it appears as though the trail could have easily been diverted around the tree with little or no damage to the terrain.  Of course I could be mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chas_M said:

That looks like it likely was a lot of work to cut that fallen tree in half.  In this particular situation it appears as though the trail could have easily been diverted around the tree with little or no damage to the terrain.  Of course I could be mistaken.

You're not mistaken.  That's kind of why I couldn't help taking the photo.  This is a local trail maintained by a local riding club.  I think they took it personally, or maybe as a challenge, that this tree fell across their trail.  I'm sure that whomever cut it out takes great pride knowing all the other club members ride by it and see his initials carved in the saw cuts on either side.

Personally I just carry a small saw, so I only have to fight small battles.  When I see big trees like that I get scared and ride away!

20180912.jpg

Edited by wwguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a SAE tether coming today so when I get home I'm going to just screw it to my battery terminals.  

It will be nice for this upcoming winter when I need to add some amperage-boost in the freezing cold and only have to plug the Weego JS12 I have into the tether and press the start button(I love FI).  No need to remove the seat and then move the rubber terminal caps out of the way, then clip the biggish clips to the tops of the terminals then hoping that I can lay the jump pack somewhere where it won't fall, none of that.  Just plug in, start and unplug.  Simple and like $12.  

I installed the tether.  The Weego powersports tether is nice and is fused on both the positive and negative leads and comes with an SAE adapter with a weather cap so when it is not needed, snow/water/dirt can't get into it.  It is plenty long so that I could run the tether to the gearshift-side handhold at the end of the seat handhold so it tucks nicely out of the way until needed.  

 

Edited by Ben500RR-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

70 hours and 24 minutes on the motor. Rode a bit this morning, hit the ethanol free gas station, filled her up.  

[IMG] 

 

 

Went home dumped the motor and trans-oil, changed filters and stuck her on the tender. 

 

[IMG] 

 

I would like to think I'm treating the bike pretty well. It's my first dirt bike. Not racing, just riding off road with it on trails and dirt roads. Here's my maintenance log:

 

[IMG] 

 

 

Edited by AdamChandler
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice bike.  One question, since the bike is plated why do you need a OHVR Sticker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chas_M said:

Very nice bike.  One question, since the bike is plated why do you need a OHVR Sticker?

It's required in New Hampshire. License Plate doesn't equal ATV Trail access. Sticker for trails, plate for roads.

 

We don't have BLM-esque lands in New England which is really a bummer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AdamChandler said:

It's required in New Hampshire. License Plate doesn't equal ATV Trail access. Sticker for trails, plate for roads.

 

We don't have BLM-esque lands in New England which is really a bummer.

We have the same in Montana - no need to have a license plate if you're not running on city streets or highway, dirt and gravel roads are mostly okay w/o the plate. I choose to plate mine - keeps the local police happy when I want to warm up the scoot on city streets or maybe run to the store.

Edited by mtdirtbag
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdamChandler said:

It's required in New Hampshire. License Plate doesn't equal ATV Trail access. Sticker for trails, plate for roads.

 

We don't have BLM-esque lands in New England which is really a bummer.

Arizona requires an off road plate sticker for plated bikes too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ud_Luz said:

Arizona requires an off road plate sticker for plated bikes too.

Washington don't but plated bikes need a discover pass IF they're parked on state lands. I make sure to never deploy my kickstand when taking a break on state lands. Just lean it against a tree. Who can say that this is considered parking? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threw on the moto wheels (60/40 tires) for a change of pace. Soaked up about 100 miles of asphalt with plenty of fun tight twisties ... mixed in with some occasional exploring of ATV trails.
IMG_5235.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AdamChandler said:

It's required in New Hampshire. License Plate doesn't equal ATV Trail access. Sticker for trails, plate for roads.

 

We don't have BLM-esque lands in New England which is really a bummer.

NH and even MA are both nice.  Just some stickers to go along with the bike's license plate and we are in dual sport heaven.

Up in Vermont where I have been all day, not far from Suicide Six ski area, it had snowed 2-3" of the wet stuff.  I'm so looking forward to this upcoming winter. 

Adam, do you have any plans to make your RR-S into a snowbike?  Camso DTS 129 $4,799.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

NH and even MA are both nice.  Just some stickers to go along with the bike's license plate and we are in dual sport heaven.

Up in Vermont where I have been all day, not far from Suicide Six ski area, it had snowed 2-3" of the wet stuff.  I'm so looking forward to this upcoming winter. 

Adam, do you have any plans to make your RR-S into a snowbike?  Camso DTS 129 $4,799.  

 

Officially, the bike is put away for the winter but if you can recommend some studded tires, this is my front yard: 

 

16164985781_678f7eee6d_b.jpg

 

4 mile long (2 square miles) lake in central NH. I can push the bike across the street and onto the ice. I've taken my car out there but never taken the R1200GS out because it's too damn heavy and not sure you can get studded radial moto tires. But I'm new to this but certainly down to ride out there on the beta around January once the ice is 21" thick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://camso.co/en/dirt-bike/products/dts-129

Forget the tires, although they'd be a lot cheaper and would get you out on that pond, provided there is not feet of snow on it as I had studded ice tires in two different bikes way back in the day and had a blast riding on both the frozen ponds/lakes as well as the snow covered trails.  

The snowbike is another animal altogether.  The best ride in the whole, entire, world.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love riding ice on bikes or quads,but conditions have to be right.What lake is that Adam?

2014-02-23 15.02.38.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put on a new P-Tech slave protector. Never broke one in the past and never liked other protectors but with this one you don't have to remove the OEM sprocket cover. Always use copper grease on those 3 bolts, its quite easy to pull the threads of the case even with a torque wrench. The rear one on mine is helicoiled (and I did it with a torque wrench while I was in a hurry....) 44901090_1904983019551691_8870218376710979584_n.jpg.4d404ad164c31d7d7e9d9357c2fa8163.jpg

 

Also decided to fiddle again with the STIC. Lots of new info and support from threads like this here on TT  and some other forums. Still not there yet, eventually I may have to order the slightly leaner .114 needle jet. 45008529_2222300091427472_6571260367576498176_n.jpg.996c87c8461022a8bc7823ef9bf9d354.jpg

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

Put on a new P-Tech slave protector. Never broke one in the past and never liked other protectors but with this one you don't have to remove the OEM sprocket cover. Always use copper grease on those 3 bolts, its quite easy to pull the threads of the case even with a torque wrench. The rear one on mine is helicoiled (and I did it with a torque wrench while I was in a hurry....) 44901090_1904983019551691_8870218376710979584_n.jpg.4d404ad164c31d7d7e9d9357c2fa8163.jpg

 

Also decided to fiddle again with the STIC. Lots of new info and support from threads like this here on TT  and some other forums. Still not there yet, eventually I may have to order the slightly leaner .114 needle jet. 45008529_2222300091427472_6571260367576498176_n.jpg.996c87c8461022a8bc7823ef9bf9d354.jpg

That guard looks good. I have a similar one on my 525 from force I think. I like that design. If I didn’t have the enduro eng slave guard for my 300 Id want to get that one you got. Where I am though that plastic stock countershaft guard would have to go with the amount of grass and vines and greenery that would get stuck by the sprocket there. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some friends over last night for more riding around the Lopery and trials obstacles.  Built some log sections in the woods and building some pyramids in the woods this week, as well as working on a new obstacle out of a large hickory nut tree that fell during a recent hurricane.  Riding season is just starting down here (just like our fishing season).

 

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be loading up the RR-S, and taking the family up to VT sometime tomorrow-late afternoon.  

The wife will be going out with her sister to a ladies night and I'll get to ride the sweet-sweet dirt roads Saturday night but this time I will be better prepared as I have the heated handlebars/grips already installed on my bike along with the 12V heated shield plug and I will also be bringing up all my cold weather layers for a more comfortable night-ride.  As my headlight connection(s) should not come loose, this ride will be even more fun.  

 

Then we all ride Sunday even though highs are going to only be in the 30's, at least we'll be riding and it might be the last dirtbike ride for all of us for this season.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×