offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,570 posts in this topic

Played with the suspension just a bit with various sag settings and air pressures with the new tires.  Ordered up a FMF gnarly pipe, eline carbon pipe guard, some new muffler packing and a solid rear rotor from Dave Turner of Get Dirty bikes.  He has some great prices on the beta stuff!!!

That stock pipe is so soft, i am tired of rigging up the air compressor and torch to pop out the dents. 

Good thing you had all those bags.. That probably protected the bike a little..   breaking off the footpeg!!!! OUCH!!!  

I bet your right about those bags. It actually didn't break off one of the little circles broke. By the time I got back to camp the foot peg was sagging at a strange angle. BTW, the trail I was riding on was the Malcom Smith trail. Name of the trail is 1W17 Redonda Ridge. The videos do no justice. This was one of the hardest trails I have ever tackled. 

1 person likes this

Put the stock tank back on, and took her for a rip without all the tools, tubes, etc... So much lighter !

Vrooooom !

I bet your right about those bags. It actually didn't break off one of the little circles broke. By the time I got back to camp the foot peg was sagging at a strange angle. BTW, the trail I was riding on was the Malcom Smith trail. Name of the trail is 1W17 Redonda Ridge. The videos do no justice. This was one of the hardest trails I have ever tackled. 

yes vids!!! vids are good!

Baja designs switch with horn turn indicators and hi lo beam installed. led blinkersand horn installed front and rear brake light switches. Now to figure out best way to hang the temp tag and she is all legal

I rode my Beta today in trails close to my house. It rained all night but it was sunny all day so slippery under the trees and tacky in the open areas.. It was beautiful . Even though I went for a short time I still had a decent workout. I crashed and got pinned under the bike for a bit and my knee is real sore. I hope it's not that bad in the morning. Still a good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGQojbTv5Kc&feature=youtu.be

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Well, yesterday I assessed and repaired some crash damage to my Beta from last weekends fiasco. Looks like I broke the right foot peg, pushed the right side of fuel tank in and tweaked the radiator tab and slightly crushed the radiators (yes even with the guards and tank for protection), tore the throttle grip and curled the right brake lever (even with hand guards).

Tonight I will be picking up my parts from Dave at the Endurocross races. 

Repacked the Q again and then put on the gnarly pipe and the e-line carbon pipe guard.  Had to play with power valve adjuster a while to find the sweet spot.  The stock pipe with the Q is just a touch under two turns in for the best hit, the gnarly seemed to like some where around 2 1/2 in for best response with about an 1/8 more in on the air screw.  Needle felt fine on 1st clip and main seemed spot on with the 162.  Still have a few hours of wear left before I throw on Get Dirty's trick black new solid rear rotor.  The e-line guard is beautiful.

FYI, G2 threaded bar inserts FTW! My Cycra handguards feel like they're welded to the bars now. Nothing will knock them around now!

Repacked the Q again and then put on the gnarly pipe and the e-line carbon pipe guard.  Had to play with power valve adjuster a while to find the sweet spot.  The stock pipe with the Q is just a touch under two turns in for the best hit, the gnarly seemed to like some where around 2 1/2 in for best response with about an 1/8 more in on the air screw.  Needle felt fine on 1st clip and main seemed spot on with the 162.  Still have a few hours of wear left before I throw on Get Dirty's trick black new solid rear rotor.  The e-line guard is beautiful.

You dirty dog!! I wish I had one of those 2T Betas last weekend! I really like the FMF Gnarly on my KTM 300. Sounds like you like those hard core trails that need a lot of bottom end power.

CAM00137.jpg

12,873 ' to the top

47 mile loop Dr. Park Trail 424 To Star trail

over to 422 to Italian creek road to Flag Mountain

then to Taylor Reservoir.

20 miles o gnarly st that proved my choice to be the best

I coyld have made

Finally added RS flashers to my RR front and rear, had to fashion up some mounts from thick plastic.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379869563.472763.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379869636.591312.jpg

1 person likes this

Installed tires for upcoming dual sport ride in a few weeks and swapped out to the new Gen2 Tubliss System. Boy, those Motoz tires are really tough to spoon on!

Had to use my tire iron trick to get it into the drop center:

file_zps60007ca3.jpg

Finished! I'm hoping these will be some good tires. Pretty cheap at around 60 bucks or so each.

file_zps17e7265f.jpg

Took about an hour and a half for both tires taking my time. I don't use soapy water but wheel dressing instead (so I can use the Ride-On tire sealant). 

Some of the guys don't agree with the Ride-On tire sealant for balancing wheels. It's been working great for me the last year. My bike is rock solid at 80+ MPH on 100+ mile freeway blasts. 

Installed tires for upcoming dual sport ride in a few weeks and swapped out to the new Gen2 Tubliss System. Boy, those Motoz tires are really tough to spoon on!

Had to use my tire iron trick to get it into the drop center:

file_zps60007ca3.jpg

Finished! I'm hoping these will be some good tires. Pretty cheap at around 60 bucks or so each.

file_zps17e7265f.jpg

Took about an hour and a half for both tires taking my time. I don't use soapy water but wheel dressing instead (so I can use the Ride-On tire sealant). 

Some of the guys don't agree with the Ride-On tire sealant for balancing wheels. It's been working great for me the last year. My bike is rock solid at 80+ MPH on 100+ mile freeway blasts. 

Wow where did you get your motoz for $60?   Not that it would be near that much by the time I get it with shipping.. still a very good price.  Looking forward to a tire review .. Which one did you get? ...even so you ride much different terrain for me to compare...but still good to know. I put the biggest terrapactor ST behind.. 140 I think. and I have a tractionator 90/100 ST up front. I'm pretty sure you chose different. When I changed my Motoz I hadn't changed a tire in many years and I've always hated changing tires from when I was a kid.  Anyway I put 2 rolls of duct tape to hold open the bead so I could put my big paws in to get the valve stem in there. I was suffering before that. I got this tool for the next time.

http://pitposse.com/beadbender.html

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

attachicon.gifCAM00137.jpg

12,873 ' to the top

47 mile loop Dr. Park Trail 424 To Star trail

over to 422 to Italian creek road to Flag Mountain

then to Taylor Reservoir.

20 miles o gnarly st that proved my choice to be the best

I coyld have made

Cool, how did she run at elevation? Is the jetting stock?

The bead bender looks like a handy tool. I had a a few tourettes moments putting on the Tractionator ITs. I do not think I have ever had that much trouble installing tires before. 

The bead bender looks like a handy tool. I had a a few tourettes moments putting on the Tractionator ITs. I do not think I have ever had that much trouble installing tires before. 

Good I thought it was just me.. I swear I don't think I've changed a tire in like 10 yrs. I kind of forgot a few little things that make a big difference. Next time it'll be easier. I got a good giant tire spoon to add to what I already have for tire tools too. The leverage makes it easier. 

Cool, how did she run at elevation? Is the jetting stock?

Jetted for 8-9,000' and it performed flawless. 2/3 gear easy climb to top of flag. My riding buddy had his bike start acting around 10,000 ft. hard starts. 1st gear pinned to top of flag.

I will try to remember to get the sizes and needle position from the shop. 256 miles on it and I am amazed. My buddy is looking at a 13 300 race edition now