offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,569 posts in this topic

Wow where did you get your motoz for $60?   Not that it would be near that much by the time I get it with shipping.. still a very good price.  Looking forward to a tire review .. Which one did you get? ...even so you ride much different terrain for me to compare...but still good to know. I put the biggest terrapactor ST behind.. 140 I think. and I have a tractionator 90/100 ST up front. I'm pretty sure you chose different. When I changed my Motoz I hadn't changed a tire in many years and I've always hated changing tires from when I was a kid.  Anyway I put 2 rolls of duct tape to hold open the bead so I could put my big paws in to get the valve stem in there. I was suffering before that. I got this tool for the next time.

http://pitposse.com/beadbender.html

They were something like 62 bucks apiece. I got them through Dave at Get Dirty. The front is the 90/100 Tractionator and the rear is the 110/100. A dirty little secret I learned from Dave is to use the narrowest tire you can in the rear. The bike steers better and has just the right amount of wheelspin when climbing hills. Both front and rear tires are directional.

1 person likes this

They were something like 62 bucks apiece. I got them through Dave at Get Dirty. The front is the 90/100 Tractionator and the rear is the 110/100. A dirty little secret I learned from Dave is to use the narrowest tire you can in the rear. The bike steers better and has just the right amount of wheelspin when climbing hills. Both front and rear tires are directional.

Chris let me know what you think of these tires, I assume that they are "IT" Tractionator's ? Also the pressures you're running and of course the terrian.

They "look" like they might make sense for the riding I do up in the Sierra's

Enjoy!

Public holiday here tomorrow so gonna change the oil on my bike and clean the Scotts filter. Castrol 10W50 going in the engine and gearbox

Wow where did you get your motoz for $60?   Not that it would be near that much by the time I get it with shipping.. still a very good price.  Looking forward to a tire review .. Which one did you get? ...even so you ride much different terrain for me to compare...but still good to know. I put the biggest terrapactor ST behind.. 140 I think. and I have a tractionator 90/100 ST up front. I'm pretty sure you chose different. When I changed my Motoz I hadn't changed a tire in many years and I've always hated changing tires from when I was a kid.  Anyway I put 2 rolls of duct tape to hold open the bead so I could put my big paws in to get the valve stem in there. I was suffering before that. I got this tool for the next time.

http://pitposse.com/beadbender.html

EDIT!! I'm really sorry for putting out the misinformation on pricing for the Motoz tires. The front tire is a 80/100-21 Tractionator IT DOT approved. The rear is the same thing in 110/100-18.

The price was 73 bucks for the front and 83 bucks for the rear. The 60.00 tires were the Kenda Trackmaster 760's. Today I had a hell of a time with getting the Tubliss to seal. Both tires were flat when I checked this morning. That's what I get for not following the Tubliss directions…..

I have decided not to experiment with the Tubliss/Motoz combination on my upcoming Bishop ride. I will just use my Kenda 760 set with tubes. 

1 person likes this

Chris let me know what you think of these tires, I assume that they are "IT" Tractionator's ? Also the pressures you're running and of course the terrian.

Enjoy!

As stated in my last post, I will try them out when I get back from the Bishop ride. I'll test them out in El Mirage within the next month or so along with my 300EXC and the Dunlop Geomax 81's.

One of Dave's customers swears by the Tractionators. So far Dave has never steered me wrong. The tires are directional which is kind of strange. They look like a solid tire for single track. Might even try them out in KM before the snow this year.

I have decided not to experiment with the Tubliss/Motoz combination on my upcoming Bishop ride. I will just use my Kenda 760 set with tubes. 

What is experimental?? If you are use to Tubliss, know how to install to prevent leaks, you're good to go.

As stated in my last post, I will try them out when I get back from the Bishop ride. I'll test them out in El Mirage within the next month or so along with my 300EXC and the Dunlop Geomax 81's.

One of Dave's customers swears by the Tractionators. So far Dave has never steered me wrong. The tires are directional which is kind of strange. They look like a solid tire for single track. Might even try them out in KM before the snow this year.

Tractionators are great tires, X-circuit are better but are not DOT and harder to find.

Enjoy!

Tractionators perform good in all types of terrain. Soft, mossy swampy, roots, rocks and pavement are the conditions I have been using them in. Only time they don't work well is in thick sticky clay that doesn't clean itself from the knobs. Great DS tire with a strong construction to support Tubliss system and low air pressure. I have them set on my bikes at 8-10psi rear and 12-14 PSI on front (Beta 10psi front) using Tubliss or UHD tubes.

Edited by weantright
1 person likes this

What is experimental?? If you are use to Tubliss, know how to install to prevent leaks, you're good to go.

I do know how to install them. I just did not follow directions with the soapy water. I used Slim instead for mounting. Since the Bishop ride is a "big one" for me this year, I will use the tire thats has proven to be solid. I learned from racing desert years ago to never ever try something new before a race. Different jetting, gearing, tires etc are not good to try out when you will be doing 100+ miles a day in unknown terrain and nosebleed elevation.

My bike is prepped and ready! Just need to wash, fuel, and lube chain.

Just like an old friend:

file_zps85ff6785.jpg

Been using these pegs for years on my 300…..

Looks like I overdid it on the Loktite!!
2 people like this

What did I do to my Beta today?......

I rode the SH!T out of it and threw her back in the garage like a wet Biatch.

And she liked it!!

1 person likes this

Got. her all ready to go for her first hare scramble tomorrow.fresh Mx71 on the front. clean air filter fluids topped. Should be a blast. First one on a bike sprung for me.

Some service, some cosmetics....

New plastics from 2014 (front fender, radiator and air filter covers, 9.5lt gas tank and seat) along with 2013 Racing stickers.

Boano billet brake pedal.

Scalvini expansion chamber is out to repair few dents and ad some anti-rust protection.

Also did the first complete overhaul on my forks and replaced oil in both outer and inner chamber using some very high-tech NILS For Shock H juice. At the same time increased fork pre-load from 5mm (std) to 10mm.

Finally changed settings to core EXP using the softer springs for lowest rpm engagement. I didn't like std position in very steep sections as it doesn't let the engine' breathe', especially when your pace is very slow.

RhoRho-1_zps4fa84fe8.jpg

Edited by dirtbird
4 people like this

Some service, some cosmetics....

New plastics from 2014 (front fender, radiator and air filter covers, 9.5lt gas tank and seat) along with 2013 Racing stickers.

Boano billet brake pedal.

Scalvini expansion chamber is out to repair few dents and ad some anti-rust protection.

Also did the first complete overhaul on my forks and replaced oil in both outer and inner chamber using some very high-tech NILS For Shock H juice. At the same time increased fork pre-load from 5mm (std) to 10mm.

Finally changed settings to core EXP using the softer springs for lowest rpm engagement. I didn't like std position in very steep sections as it doesn't let the engine' breathe', especially when your pace is very slow.

RhoRho-1_zps4fa84fe8.jpg

:thumbsup:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :cheers:  :ride:

2 people like this

Just clocked up 1000ks, kicked it this morning for the first time, just to see what all the fuss was about.

A mate revalved the forks yesterday, added preload, moved forks, reset sag, adjusted bars.

Its now betta than ever

I stopped on this trail, called  "Highway to Hell " to move that log that is 

blocking the line.

did 60ks of tight single in 3 hrs on my own , just testing the suspension, 

2013-10-06 10.39.58.jpg

:thumbsup:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :cheers:  :ride:

2014 plastics with 2013 stickers? very nice indeed!

next spring i will certainly do the same! bur maybe with boano stickers.

this morning i clean up the bike a little, put some plastic strip under brake and clutch clamp and oiled here and there...weather is insane, so no riding this week...

Edited by iceman kimi

Did a 10hr/190miles ride Saturday!

I was glad that the stock headlight on the RR was bright enough to go 35mph in pitch black for 70 of those miles after getting lost with a fellow rider.

GPS is great until the stop working:0)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381075735.475738.jpg

I decided to sweeten up the hand shields with some new ones that are larger. The right aluminum hand guard was really beat up. I ended up taking a file to it and knock off the sharp edges from dropping it in the rock gardens.

file_zps5a375c1b.jpg

file_zps1644efcf.jpg

My bike is prepped and ready! Just need to wash, fuel, and lube chain.

Just like an old friend:
file_zps85ff6785.jpg

Been using these pegs for years on my 300…..

Looks like I overdid it on the Loktite!!

Any idea if the KTM ones will fit the Beta?They have different part numbers.

Any idea if the KTM ones will fit the Beta?They have different part numbers.

They will not fit. Good news is if you already have a set of KTM foot pegs to use, you just need to drill them out slightly to fit.

While on the subject of pegs, do not under any circumstances, even think of using those gimmicky Pivot Pegs! I ended up breaking my leg in a desert race with those crappy things.

They will not fit. Good news is if you already have a set of KTM foot pegs to use, you just need to drill them out slightly to fit.

While on the subject of pegs, do not under any circumstances, even think of using those gimmicky Pivot Pegs! I ended up breaking my leg in a desert race with those crappy things.

I saw those things. I instantly figured I'd have less control.

1 person likes this