offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

7 hours ago, Richard932 said:

Put on some red today.. Wife said I need some more blue so going to order blue foot pegs and handguards. Not a big fan of the unibike radiator guards.

20200515_165613.jpg

20200515_165411.jpg

20200515_165403.jpg

20200515_165247.jpg

What didn’t you care for with the  unabiker Rad guards??

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What kind of pipe is that??? Any better??

That is the SPARK pipe and silencer, available directly or from Boano. Soon we will try the FMF combo as my rider wasn't sure that he liked it.

To me, the bike looked slow on top....

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

What didn’t you care for with the  unabiker Rad guards??

I have Unabiker guards on my '14 and I don't care for them either. The brace that links both sides together was about 1/2" too short (probably for the better, that way if/when I crash the radiators have a little flex to them), but still shows me the lack of quality. The anodized red is also more like a pink color, and they feel flimsy, however, I haven't had a real wipeout with them yet, so I can't comment on their rigidity outside of how they "feel" and "look".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlynyrdSkynyrd said:

I have Unabiker guards on my '14 and I don't care for them either. The brace that links both sides together was about 1/2" too short (probably for the better, that way if/when I crash the radiators have a little flex to them), but still shows me the lack of quality. The anodized red is also more like a pink color, and they feel flimsy, however, I haven't had a real wipeout with them yet, so I can't comment on their rigidity outside of how they "feel" and "look".

+3. Mine came with Unabiker black with ugly pink beneath (that's showing now). Will never buy them. Flimsy. Easily tweaked during mild get offs. Didn't protect the top of my right radiator during a typical kickstand failure fall-over incident where the soil was too soft for the chopstick diameter stiletto heal kickstand .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tractorbeam30 said:

Got her a bit dirty. Had a great ride. Couple decent wipe outs but no injuries and no damage. 

20200518_141242_HDR.jpg

Tell me about that little white step up thingy please.

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

I have one since I'm vertically challenged, its a Rubbermaid two step stool. They are hard to find in my area, I don't know how many pop rivets with aluminum backing mine has in it. It will also function as a bike stand in a pinch.

• Helpful 1

On 5/18/2020 at 11:50 AM, shrubitup said:

+3. Mine came with Unabiker black with ugly pink beneath (that's showing now). Will never buy them. Flimsy. Easily tweaked during mild get offs. Didn't protect the top of my right radiator during a typical kickstand failure fall-over incident where the soil was too soft for the chopstick diameter stiletto heal kickstand .

That doesn’t sound good. Well.. maybe I’ll be looking at strengthening with sheet metal and rivets. That’s shitty but we will see. The unabiker and  bullet proof designs seem to be the only  2 companies with rad guards to fit big radiators. That’s another thing to consider when buying big radiators. How do you protect them?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

6 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

That would be the "gamechanger" lol. After a day's ride and your arms are jelly and your legs don't want to work properly, you can just walk your bike right up the ramp with ease. It's just a little 2 step stepstool. I just had it around the house and now use it for loading and unloading. 

• Like 2