What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

On 5/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, FlynyrdSkynyrd said:

I have Unabiker guards on my '14 and I don't care for them either. The brace that links both sides together was about 1/2" too short (probably for the better, that way if/when I crash the radiators have a little flex to them), but still shows me the lack of quality. The anodized red is also more like a pink color, and they feel flimsy, however, I haven't had a real wipeout with them yet, so I can't comment on their rigidity outside of how they "feel" and "look".

That is very odd as my experience and most I know it they are the strongest, toughest, best guard on the market. I have hit trees with direct hits straight on and barely a mark. Never heard of an anodozing issues. No way it would bend in a tip over unless it fell of the second story from my experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So what did you get? 

its a 17' 350 race. Rode it today, but it was slimy single track so hard to judge. motor feels way different than a 2020, not a bad way, just not a racey motor, which should be good in certain things. also feels like they stator might be heavier? it doesnt rev up quick(even in neutral)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LukeBrinkerhoff said:

its a 17' 350 race. Rode it today, but it was slimy single track so hard to judge. motor feels way different than a 2020, not a bad way, just not a racey motor, which should be good in certain things. also feels like they stator might be heavier? it doesnt rev up quick(even in neutral)

That sounds like a normal great Beta to me. . Not an mx bike..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

That sounds like a normal great Beta to me. . Not an mx bike..

No, I dont necessarily want that, but I do like the way the 2020 motor feels. I probably need to gear it down too. its currently 13-49 which it came with a 51 but I swapped that wheel.

• Like 1

Figured out why my starter didn't work in yesterday's race. The negative battery connection came undone. In my experience only two things cause the starter button to do nothing.  One of those is the wrap on the main wire leading to the starter rubbing through and grounding out, the other being the negative terminal connection coming loose.

• Like 3

I'm impressed.152 hours.Pulled the pipe to examine the piston.Put the pipe back on.  28-1 cheap general purpose 2 stroke oil.Everything looks good.Minimal blowby,minimal carbon.Starts first bump of the button. Will re examine and check comp and do a leakdown test  at 180 hours.

• Like 3

Installed ktm front wheel upon my beta. Only needed beta wheel spacer swap onto ktm front wheel. Ktm wheel came from 12 350 xcf and placed on 15 beta 300rr. Will swap over my beta rotor later so that the magnetic pickup works. Liking the silver color! 

beta wheel is corroding; see signature ?

12B68567-0D33-4082-AD5B-851507925750.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Wet for a really really wet ride today. The trails here are the nastiest at the best of times. The blue trails here are double black anywhere else. The rocks, roots and mud take a toll. Bike came through unscathed. Sorry no pics of the actual trail. It was too wet to try to dig my phone out lol. 

20200620_102606_HDR.jpg

20200620_121553_HDR.jpg

20200620_121604_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200620-123748.png

• Like 3

On 6/21/2020 at 6:20 PM, 2milehighspike said:

Installed new suspension with new RE fork tubes and race tech innards thanks to @redhurricane, jeesh what a whack job that guy is!?. Thanks again my brother  ,see ya next weekend!

12C51BC1-F607-4E56-A818-2D7AE112AF33.jpeg

53E29741-ACC9-4DC9-B65A-23DA9AEB14CB.jpeg

498E64BC-9A12-45CF-97DB-E73F213223A8.jpeg

CEA521C5-8ECE-4679-AB88-F23948EFA3A6.jpeg

4459B34D-2102-4B1A-A986-0943A9C5B0AE.jpeg

@redhurricane..... how many people in Colorado have you helped in that garage!!!!! You are tooo incredible of a dude! Karen too!!! ????????????

• Helpful 1