offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

On 10/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, ReaptheHeat said:

Just to confirm. The pink wire with purple is the correct wire to cut to disable the OI warning light?

2020 200rr

IMG_20201029_183059846.jpg

Hard to tell. I can’t read the wiring schematic, the colors are blurry!!!  To confirm if it’s the correct wire you can check for continuity from the oil switch to that wire.

• Like 1

Rode yesterday in some tight, rocky trails to test the new fork setting - added a smidge of mv float (now 0.4mm) & backed out C & R from 12 out to 15. Valving is my buddy Nate’s special sauce for the Gas Gas 2018 - on GGRider. I backed off all settings from stock on the shock 3 clicks, too - this made further improvements in comfort & traction. 

DAFE7A2B-009F-4ACA-9B8E-97F7D2C97DDC.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KatoKonvert said:

Rode yesterday in some tight, rocky trails to test the new fork setting - added a smidge of mv float (now 0.4mm) & backed out C & R from 12 out to 15. Valving is my buddy Nate’s special sauce for the Gas Gas 2018 - on GGRider. I backed off all settings from stock on the shock 3 clicks, too - this made further improvements in comfort & traction. 

DAFE7A2B-009F-4ACA-9B8E-97F7D2C97DDC.jpeg

Great pic!

looks like Jurassic Park.

Awesome.

• Like 1

After listening to @Drop-Bear go on about Lectrons in the other thread I decided to toss my old dirty Lectron that has been in a box for the last couple years on the Beta.

PXL_20201103_161111043.jpg

31 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

Review forthcoming? 

Ice and snow out right now but it's supposed to warm up in a few days. I'll see if I can get out for a little putt around. It may need a turn or two on the rod as it was tuned for my old 2011 200.

Edited by SigPig
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, SigPig said:

Ice and snow out right now but it's supposed to warm up in a few days. I'll see if I can get out for a little put around. It may need a turn or two on the rod as it was tuned for my old 2011 200.

13 minutes ago, SigPig said:

After listening to @Drop-Bear go on about Lectrons in the other thread I decided to toss my old dirty Lectron that has been in a box for the last couple years on the Beta.

PXL_20201103_161111043.jpg

standby to be underwhelmed!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

standby to be underwhelmed!

Lol. Let the shit storm begin. I had a lectron on my 144 that was great here in Colorado.

• Haha 1

Swapped out the brake footpad with this monstrosity. 

PXL_20201105_173923056.jpg

• Like 3

Main reason I run the Lectron is elevation changes.  Sea Level here, and ride up to 10,000 feet in Colorado every year.  I haven't had to touch it.  I also get a little better fuel economy.  Haven't noticed a whole lotta difference in power delivery from the stock carb.

• Like 1

I picked it up and brought it home. 

20201105_203000.jpg

• Like 7
  • Helpful 2

Rode it after fitting a Michelin Starcross 5 Hard Terrain 90/100-21.

This is the best front tyre I’ve ever tried.

Red Hill in Sydney is steep & rocky with sandstone steps galore. The tyre ate it up.

Also, raised the clip for summer - NEDW#2, 38p, 165m, a/s 1.5. Clean & crisp.

Didn’t make this step today - side-slipped just before the top! Glad I saved it..

It was one of those afternoons that you remember - bike ran great.  

AACFE18F-059E-4624-955B-0535C5AFD272.jpeg

Edited by KatoKonvert
  • Like 6