Jump to content
offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rick2900 said:

eBay header guard installed. Not bad for 20$. 

E222E650-04FF-4283-B700-9E6367BD22EF.jpeg

It looks nice 👍 and way better than nothing. It matches well with the color scheme. I got  black on order. Im wondering if  I should have chosen another color now.  Your bike looks good!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Purchased my first Beta 2020 430 RRs

2020 Beta.jpg

2020 beta 3.jpg

2020 Beta 2.jpg

2020 Beta.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 200rr. Just installed Racetech gold valves in forks.  Still need to test it out in the rocks but initial impressions are great! That harshness that i felt before is gone and there is no deflection.  This is while hitting small logs that would have normally transmitted to the bars.  Still need to try in the rocks but wow this thing is really feeling good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantomtracer said:

2021 200rr. Just installed Racetech gold valves in forks.  Still need to test it out in the rocks but initial impressions are great! That harshness that i felt before is gone and there is no deflection.  This is while hitting small logs that would have normally transmitted to the bars.  Still need to try in the rocks but wow this thing is really feeling good.

I've been leaning that way, that kit ain't cheap though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I've been leaning that way, that kit ain't cheap though. 

Yeah, the extra expense is the compression assembly which is the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork.  It’s not just a bolt it has ports for the low speed compression shim stack drilled into it internally.  The kit also has a rebound piston.  So far I would say it’s totally worth it.  The shock kit is much cheaper, I have that to install.  I really wanted to test the fork first and see how much of a difference there was.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, phantomtracer said:

Yeah, the extra expense is the compression assembly which is the bolt that screws into the bottom of the fork.  It’s not just a bolt it has ports for the low speed compression shim stack drilled into it internally.  The kit also has a rebound piston.  So far I would say it’s totally worth it.  The shock kit is much cheaper, I have that to install.  I really wanted to test the fork first and see how much of a difference there was.

Sachs or KYB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Got my stock height seat concepts seat back on. I rode with the low seat and a tall ds style seat concepts seat  for a few rides each. Got a new TM chain guide. Got a new led ebay headlight to put on too. .. Got one of those air cleaners with the pointy foam all over it too. Forgot the name. 

Can you comment on the different seat heights?  How tall are you?

i have the stock height seat concepts but feel it’s still a bit stiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, phantomtracer said:

Can you comment on the different seat heights?  How tall are you?

i have the stock height seat concepts but feel it’s still a bit stiff.

Seat concepts take 15-20 hours to break in, then remain cush forever. If it felt cushy right away, it would be mush after some use. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Got my stock height seat concepts seat back on. I rode with the low seat and a tall ds style seat concepts seat  for a few rides each. Got a new TM chain guide. Got a new led ebay headlight to put on too. .. Got one of those air cleaners with the pointy foam all over it too. Forgot the name. 

How did they eBay headlight work out?

pics?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantomtracer said:

Can you comment on the different seat heights?  How tall are you?

i have the stock height seat concepts but feel it’s still a bit stiff.

All 3 different height seats I have are seat concepts. All are great for different elements of riding for me. Im 6’1. The tall I have is the dualsport wider rear style which I think is most comfortable for my ergos in lots of more riding in general and especially open terrain riding. It’s awesome. The problem is our riding has lots of tech super steep downhills and fallen trees and you just are ducking and laying your body out a variety of times to get under stuff riding. Going down super steep slow stuff I have gone over ass end over . It’s just sketchy in certain times. So back to stock which has always been fine. The seat concepts stock height is great. Now that Ive ridden the dualsport style I think the best would be the ds style stock height. I also got the low seat concepts ds style seat. That brings my 15 300 rr to the same seat height as an Xtrainer. That’s absolutely awesome for the tech stuff and ducking under trees and super steep stuff and stepping in off cabers and stream bed rocks etc. In open faster stuff it’s not as good but that’s the trade off. It’s really depending on what you are riding as far as terrain and your height  etc. I was going to try the different seats and sell the one I don’t like  as much. Now I think I’ll keep and change for what Im riding... sort of like changing sprockets . The 2 I think best are the low and the stock height for here. It’s too much ducking and laying out to get under stuff. All are good to me though..

If you want softer than stock seat concepts you might thing of the guts soft tension foam and go stock or tall seat height. Those are softer. I got that on my Beta 525.

 

Here’ The stock sc height seat.

 

D00DC04C-D43F-406A-8A71-A92544DDD33F.jpeg

15B54C60-DBEF-4A13-B639-343F83447423.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refitted my forks with Adreanni cartridges installed on my 2021 X Trainer, will find out tomorrow if the expense was worthwhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 5:52 AM, Diesel McNasty said:

How did they eBay headlight work out?

pics?

 

It’s not on. Fixing toilets and faucets and whatever..plus thanksgiving etc.  maybe later today but family is lining me up with more stuff to do.. I can still ride tomorrow without for now. Got the stock one on. 
 

pics for now.  I think it was $55??? Ebay 
 

 

5BCC01A4-AA08-4AFD-8E72-1092E1D89F2E.jpeg

45EF5C5D-BDB4-4723-BB43-574FB67D58C8.jpeg

A1D5F184-0758-4355-A749-561A07A54848.jpeg

87DFFB99-F4EB-4A9D-B706-7401DF8714A6.jpeg

FBB465AD-B07E-4C1C-8ABA-D5A754F9C2FA.jpeg
 

 

 

82603C14-A2FB-46A5-8CC7-E9A299D61046.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...