Cannondale 440

Hello im getting a cannondale 440 soon but I here people talking about they are lot of trouble is this true and if it is what can I do to make it more reliable thanks in andvance

Go to cannondaleriders.com

There are a couple things u can do i have a guy out west who used to work for them knows everything about them can get what ever part u need for it and tell u any thing u know . I have one and know a decent amount about them , u have to find out if it has the stock valve cover on it which is magnesium needs to be replaced w a aluminum valve cover reason being if it hasnt been changed a portion of the cover is exposed to the coolant from the water pump housing and the anitfreeze coolant will deteriorate the valve cover and it will rot away eventualy going in head or before that clogging the return on waterpump housing which is only a 1/4 of inch hole and clogs easily and the coolant wont flow and will result in engine failure ill get the guys number hell take care off yeah

Sounds like more headaches then they're worth. I'd honestly just stick with a Jap 450

Sounds like more headaches then they're worth. I'd honestly just stick with a Jap 450

Its because you dont know anything about them, for the money they can be had and updated for reliability you cant get close to the same performance for the money.

Can't go work with a yfz or trx

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f

Its because you dont know anything about them, for the money they can be had and updated for reliability you cant get close to the same performance for the money.

Parts are harder and harder to get. The FI software kit is not made anymore. To properly update it will cost around 1k and there are only a few qualified guys who can do the work.

Yeah they are more headache than they are worth.