carb problems after 3x3 mod?

please help me figure out what happened here the run down

01 drz 400s stock bike

installed moose racing jet kit

k/n air filter

3x3 hole in air box

bike ran ok at first had some poping on decl. doing some wheelies came down off the last one and tried crackin it again to go back into a wheelie n it wanted to die. idle was good but the min I opened the throttle it wants to die. pulled carb out pulled bowl off found some gum sgit in the main jet cleaned it all out w shop air n brakeclean back in the bike tried to start no go cranked the idel mix screw all the way up and it would run as I turned the idle screw down maybe 1-2 turn it dies...wtf smh ....any ideas

If you found some junk in the main jet then you probally have junk in the pilot jet too. Time to tear down the carb and do a full inspection and clean

If you found some junk in the main jet then you probally have junk in the pilot jet too. Time to tear down the carb and do a full inspection and clean

that is what I was thinking.

yes I did completely torn down blow shop air threw all ports in carb and took all jets out blew them out and put back in bike and now it wont run

Use carb cleaner to clean the jets not brake clean.brake clean wont clean old fuel residue that might be in there.brake clean works good to see if the jet is not blocked

Edited by mickeydee

Check ap squirt from nozzle

Also, dump all the fuel out of your tank...that crap is coming from somewhere.

Soak your carb & parts in a 50/50 mix of water & White Vinegar for a few hours......it works wonders. 

Do you still have the oem vacuum petcock? If so, check your oil for gasoline contamination via the {sniff test}

yup drained all gas from tank blew it out  w shop air still has oem pet cock. im wondering if it has anything to do w the jet kit I installed? but thinking back it ran good till that shizz got into the main jet....? ill try that 50/50 soak and c what happens. question on the jet kit all I changed was the main jet and the needle jet do I need to change the other two jets in the bowl?

How many turns out is the fuel screw( the screw under the carb)?

31/2

Check ap squirt from nozzle

Define how to check up squirt please

sorry, thinking it was an FCR39, no AP on the CV carbs

Is your main jet and starter jet in the right holes? They look identical

whelp I went threw the carb again  and noticed a little improvement so I think its all carb issue. I aslo found where the gum crap was coming from it was in the pet cock and also found that the vacuum portion was not holding vacuum so I by passed it now running on prime. is it ok to run a piece of wire threw the carb ports to try and clean it out?

1. figured I throw it out there I finally figured out the issue. strange as it is seeing the bike ran great after the jet kit. gas in oil running to rich and to big of a main jet. directions are not always correct it took a lot of tinkering and trying of different things to finally get the bike bake to life!!

thanx to all who put there 2 cents in very much appreciated

1. figured I throw it out there I finally figured out the issue. strange as it is seeing the bike ran great after the jet kit. gas in oil running to rich and to big of a main jet. directions are not always correct it took a lot of tinkering and trying of different things to finally get the bike bake to life!!

thanx to all who put there 2 cents in very much appreciated

That kit is not meant to be used with the 3x3 mod.... 

So what main did you end up with.?....I would suggest a 140 mj with stock pipe and needle on clip #4

130 main. for now I was thinking put the 134 back in and try clip #1 or 2 n c what happens

Define how to check up squirt please

I just spit my drink all over the table. Thanks.

if it had boose in it shame on u