Sign in to follow this  

Getting a 690 next week, what mods?

Hi. im getting a 2012 690 smc r next weekend. Im really excited and want to get started by doing everything i can to make the bike as good as it can be without throwing thousands of dollars on it.

The bike already has a Akrapovic slip on and the Akra map, and i was wondering what else i can do to make the bike better?

What mods can i do to the bike that doesnt cost anything or cost very little?

:)

Sure. Change the oil and put gas in. That's super cheap, and you won't regret it!

Sure. Change the oil and put gas in. That's super cheap, and you won't regret it!

Well sure, but i was thinking more like doing stuff that enhances the bike. Ive found a couple things already like lowering the forks in the tripple clamps and stuff but i was just wondering if there was anything else. Like minor tweaks and stuff to make it even better.

Well sure, but i was thinking more like doing stuff that enhances the bike. Ive found a couple things already like lowering the forks in the tripple clamps and stuff but i was just wondering if there was anything else. Like minor tweaks and stuff to make it even better.

Spend a few bucks having a pro set the suspension up for you. I don't know where you are, but there are a few places in western Washington that do so, even trackside.

Isnt the akra map very lean? Like someone said in another topic. Plus just a slip on will not increase power hm maybe change gearing for your needs?

Love this bike

657d29c2e30ee9139ceb01e61e89c69a.jpg

Be-yew-T-full! You are fueling my dreams, man... My wife thanks you, none.