Sign in to follow this  

Modified CRF250L Stock Exhaust

Cool!   I have been riding with my spark arrestor out and yes my turn signal started to melt.  So I went and bought some muffler tape from advance auto and it stop the melting for now.  I am just waiting on my 12oclock labs tail light.  I plan on riding with the spark arrestor out.  I don't want to spend money on an exhaust just for noise.  I do like the weight savings but I think the most beneficial mod will be a big bore kit.  THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WITH US!!   :thumbsup:   

• Like 2

Cool!   I have been riding with my spark arrestor out and yes my turn signal started to melt.  So I went and bought some muffler tape from advance auto and it stop the melting for now.  I am just waiting on my 12oclock labs tail light.  I plan on riding with the spark arrestor out.  I don't want to spend money on an exhaust just for noise.  I do like the weight savings but I think the most beneficial mod will be a big bore kit.  THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WITH US!!   :thumbsup:   

I 100% agree with this. Dyno sheets have proven that the exhaust mods do very little. I'm going to put that  money towards a big bore kit as well. Remember EJK will upgrade your fuel programmer for free if you pay postage (assuming you have one).

• Like 1

NON-Melty--I like that should be a word IMHO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done now where is my hack saw--I"M IN!!! :ride: :ride:

I have a $14 grinder with cutting wheel from Harbor Freight. It made quick work of it. I road around today and really enjoy how the bike sounds now! 

• Like 1

That would work--also now i know what my project is for tomorrow--I LIKE cheap fixes/mods--that way i can save up for the other items i want like the programer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THANKS!!!! :cheers: :cheers: BTW drilling the 6 to 7 one inch holes in the cover of the filter help noise wise also --In case you missed that post --and take the snorkel out also--no need to remove the seat just twist and pull with plyers--

Edited by USMCVietVet

That would work--also now i know what my project is for tomorrow--I LIKE cheap fixes/mods--that way i can save up for the other items i want like the programer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THANKS!!!! :cheers: :cheers: BTW drilling the 6 to 7 one inch holes in the cover of the filter help noise wise also --In case you missed that post --and take the snorkel out also--no need to remove the seat just twist and pull with plyers--

Yeah, we stay pretty wet here in East TN plus I go off-road often so need that airbox protection to stay there. If it were more of a supermoto bike I'd probably install a deckplate in the side of the airbox or something. I may still do that.