Sign in to follow this  

Ok to switch from h1r to castor oil?

I've been running h1r in my bike ever since I got it In march and just the other day my friend sold his 2t and had a bunch of left over never opened containers if 927 castor. Just curious if its ok to change up types of oil you use?

You didn't say what bike you are riding. We run Castor 927 in our big bikes, but pure synthetic in the PW50 (with the oil injector removed) and KTM SX 65. We tried running everyone out of the same fuel jug with Castor 927 mixed 40:1, but the PW50 gets a bad clogged up exhaust port because it doesn't run hot enough to burn the excess oil. Size makes a difference (no joke intended, but of course someone is going to bite).

So yes you can switch oils to a castor based oil, but your jetting needs may change also. If jetting is something your not into, then Craigslist the surplus Castor 927 and keep on trucking with Honda's oil.

I wish someone left me a case of Castor 927...

Thanks guys. I'm going to try it in it one day this week if she needs to be jetted I will Craigslist it.

It smells so good! I run the same oil and I can tell where my jetting is at just by the smell

It smells so good! I run the same oil and I can tell where my jetting is at just by the smell

jetting by smell? luvit

jetting by smell? luvit

Yes when it's jetted optimally or close the small is heavier, kinda hard to explain

I've been running h1r in my bike ever since I got it In march and just the other day my friend sold his 2t and had a bunch of left over never opened containers if 927 castor. Just curious if its ok to change up types of oil you use?

Keep running your H1-R. If you have an air cooled Vintage CR....the 927 is great but the 927 will carbon up your water cooled CR.

Keep running your H1-R. If you have an air cooled Vintage CR....the 927 is great but the 927 will carbon up your water cooled CR.

Runs clean in mine

it wont gum up or carbon up anything. i run it in my 02 cr250, woods riding. it is fine.

just watch out for when it gets to cold. the oil will seperate from the gas. says on the container at what temp.