Sign in to follow this  

'01 WR newer carb swap?

I have an '01 WR250F.  I was cleaning the carb and pulled it apart mid body not knowing that you're not supposed to do that.  

I posted yesterday looking for the seals that were shot.

Where can I get these carb parts?    

Couple of replies and I've learned that the needed seals are available, only for 2003 and up.  The seals I see look close and the ads say " Will not fit 98-02 Yamaha".

I need to know if a carb from an 03 or later bike will fit mine.  Has anybody done this swap?

I've looked on ebay and see used carbs.  No way will I buy an 01 or 02 carb if some parts are not available.

I just finished putting an 03 carb on my 01 yzf, physically fits no problem, you will need to get a handlebar mount for the hot start cable, and the one clamp for the intake manifold slightly interfered with hotstart elbow on the carb, but I was able to slightly clearance the clamp and it works great! The remote hotstart is so nice!

I just finished putting an 03 carb on my 01 yzf, physically fits no problem, you will need to get a handlebar mount for the hot start cable, and the one clamp for the intake manifold slightly interfered with hotstart elbow on the carb, but I was able to slightly clearance the clamp and it works great! The remote hotstart is so nice!

Thanks.   I've got a carb from an '09 yzf on the way from another TTer!

Chern_889,

Did you need to stretch the boot from the airbox a little to reach? If so, was there any worry about it coming off or leaking? I've been thinking about doing it, but the later carb is about 1/2" shorter.

Thanks,

Toby

Chern_889,

Did you need to stretch the boot from the airbox a little to reach? If so, was there any worry about it coming off or leaking? I've been thinking about doing it, but the later carb is about 1/2" shorter.

Thanks,

Toby

It seemed to fit okay, what I did was tighten it on the airboot side first and then stretched it into the manifold side and tightened it, seems like it will be fine