who's hopped up their 2012-2013 yz250f?

Please tell me what you have done to your bikes ie; cams, pipe, filter, porting ect. and results.

i have an 09, but basicly the same engine.. if you have not set up your suspension for your weight and riding style do that first. 

i sent my carb to tokyo mods, have vortex ignition and had a port an polish done over the winter. engine pulls like crazy.  i had a Dr.D pipe on it for a while but went back to the stock pipe, after market pipes are loud, and i don't think they are worth it unless you have an EFI bike. have to tune the carb for a different pipe.  I think the ignition is a better investment than a pipe. 

I have a ported head, Web 192/192+2.5 cams, MSD ignition, FMF powerbomb with Factory 4.1 exhaust, Twin-Air filter. Top end power was increased dramatically over stock without losing any of the low end it had stock. The thing rips for a 250F.

"KJ" What year is your bike?

Edited by dogfish

"KJ" What year is your bike?

2010, so not exactly the same as the '13, but these mods should have a rather similar effect.

I have a ported head, Web 192/192+2.5 cams, MSD ignition, FMF powerbomb with Factory 4.1 exhaust, Twin-Air filter. Top end power was increased dramatically over stock without losing any of the low end it had stock. The thing rips for a 250F.

kj,

is the MSD ignition similiar to Vortex? its a heck of alot cheaper, thats why I ask.

kj,

is the MSD ignition similiar to Vortex? its a heck of alot cheaper, thats why I ask.

Yes, it is almost identical to the vortex and both perform very well. I had a Vortex on my last YZ250F with the same cams, exhaust, and porting. I Was able to swap the cams into the newer bike, but they changed the ignition between '09 and '10 so it would not swap. I wound up getting a deal on the MSD so figured what the heck, and I have been very impressed with it.