Entiat/Devils Backbone trail conditions?

Interesting! So you got around the washout and then made it up on the ridge (visible in footage). This happened in 2013?

There is a one mile trail that spurs off of 25-Mile (Lost Peak I believe) that connects to a road. This enables you to skip the bottoms three miles of 25-Mile which is where the washout occurred.

we went out Shetipo looking for 3 Creek Saturday....to no avail.  There were trees down in the campground at the trail head

btw it was snowing up high on Sunday. Big flakes would only stick for a few seconds.

more PERFECT dirt

Edited by Slackkinhard

• 2 weeks later...

25mi crk, almost exactly  .25 miles needs to be cleared or rerouted on the hillside which may be more sustainable. Rode it 8-28-13.  Snowing 5k up.

You meant 9-28-13. Note that there's a shortcut that bypasses all that blown out river crossing stuff. I told Scottie of it but I guess ya'll missed it. 

You meant 9-28-13. Note that there's a shortcut that bypasses all that blown out river crossing stuff. I told Scottie of it but I guess ya'll missed it. 

Tom, we looked and looked when the trail ended at an intersection near the crossing. walked all around and tried a couple trail segments that just ended in bramble and downed trees shortly thereafter.  took the road around and continued the adventure.

Joe

Tom, we looked and looked when the trail ended at an intersection near the crossing. walked all around and tried a couple trail segments that just ended in bramble and downed trees shortly thereafter.  took the road around and continued the adventure.

Joe

I'm going off what was described in post number 24. 

Tom, we did the same thing as #24 after looking around. We planned on clearing the 1/4 mile section but had already cut several trees on the way over (and out on Potts peak), had two saws running at one point. Late in the ride and it was cold and windy, just wanted to finish the ride as camp was a long ways.  I'd consider just driving truck to the 25mi trail head, wash is 2 miles in.  Getr done, then do a loop from the truck there.  Not too many weeks left and it'll be snowed in.

Tom, we did the same thing as #24 after looking around. We planned on clearing the 1/4 mile section but had already cut several trees on the way over (and out on Potts peak), had two saws running at one point. Late in the ride and it was cold and windy, just wanted to finish the ride as camp was a long ways.  I'd consider just driving truck to the 25mi trail head, wash is 2 miles in.  Getr done, then do a loop from the truck there.  Not too many weeks left and it'll be snowed in.

Yes! That's also what I'm saying. Since it's so far from Camp this makes most sense.