450R frame with 450x engine HELP!

hello everyone

picked up what i thought was a 450x last week, has full mot, lighting kit etc, however i checked the frame number with honda and they tell me its a 2005 450r frame and a 2007 crf 450x engine. its got a battery etc.

what i need to know is, will it just be the rolling chassis from the 450r? or will it be plastics/fuel tank etc aswell? or are these not interchangable?

thinking about selling her but if i can work out weather its 90% 450r and just the engine is the X then ill keep her.

any help is much appreciated

Luke

Almost nothing fits from the R to the X.

Completely different frame, plastics, etc.

The '05  R is the closest to the X, but still is very different.

Any pic will do. It will be obvious.

Do you have an air box door, or do you have to remove the seat... where is the battery....is it close ratio...etc

Edited by Krannie

I'm fairly certain that it is in fact an R frame. Can you give me a close up shot of the frame downtube where it splits from single into two?Also one of the frame where the petcock mounts. One of the right side of the frame where the lower sub frame mount and midpipe bracket are located.

thanks for all the replies! ill grab some more pictures today and chuck them up tonight. (im uk time).

i did check the frame on the honda website with the frame number and it did come back with a 2005 frame, but its a 2007 x engine according to the engine number and its registered as an x.

i just need to work out weather its worth keeping it or if its a load of bikes put into one :/ because finding parts is gonna be a bitch if its a mixture..

luke

to me it looks like an X frame, but the lower frame rails where they split in two look like an R frame as they are squarer... so it might be an R frame, it probably is. i would say its made purely of crf r and x mostly an R, but it has x airbox, and carb and motor and exaust, so maybe someone wanted an electric start mx bike... fuel tank also appears to be an R tank along with shrouds. but im probably wrong...

Thanks for all your replys. So its definatley an R frame. We think an x subframe. X engine etc. X rear panels and tail and r tank and shrouds. Are the forks the same for both models? My front wheel hasnt got a speedo gear. Its got a trailtech magnet speedo. The side stand mounts onto the back of the footpeg.

What are peoples opinions on keeping it or shifting it? Im turning it into a supermoto with new plastics and graphics so its gonna be a pain to get half and half parts.

Cheers guys, i just dunno what to do about it