Sign in to follow this  

Stolen 2005 KTM 450 EXC Street Legal - $1000 reward (San Luis Obispo)

$1000 Reward for information on the location of a stolen motorcycle. On January 13, 2013 my motorcycle was stolen from my apartment complex in San Luis Obispo, CA. At the time it didn't have the dual-sport kit on, so it looked like a regular dirt bike with a headlight. It took me this long to make a posting because I've been hoping that whoever stole it would try to sell it on Craigslist. I've been searching for it almost daily in 37 different locations on Craigslist for the past 9 months. This is my last resort. Please take a minute and look at the picture to see if you've seen this bike. I bought it just before coming to college here at Cal Poly so that I could enjoy it off road but also use it to commute to school. The bike has many VERY custom aspects to it. I rebuilt the motor and had the cylinder, head, side cases and oil filter caps powder coated. Also the triple clamps, bar clamps and frame are all powder coated as well. This bike is the love of my life. When it was stolen it had one black rear wheel and one aluminum front wheel (I was in the process of painting both, but only finished the rear). It was stolen from 1140 Montalban Street. It is street legal, so the chp and police were notified so if it does try to be registered it will be picked up because the vin does show as stolen with the DMV. Please help. I'm more focused on getting the bike back the getting the thief. Even if you have information about it ditched in the bushes somewhere, It would be appreciated. I know it's a little unorthodox to offer a reward for a motorcycle, but I'm hoping it will provide a little more incentive for people to keep an eye out. It is worth more than $1000 clearly, but that's all I have been able to gather up. Please help. My phone number is 8o5-746/5912, or you can respond to this post, or email me at astephens9923@yahoo.com  -Andrew00I0I_kN47IDXkzL2_600x450.jpg

Edited by astephens9923

it says he has black plastics, black tank, and black rims and that it's an 06. This is an 05 with orange plastics and a silver front rim! I'd say it's not it, but who knows!

""2006 KTM 450 EXC Ca. plated

I have a client that I had his bike built for him in 06 KTM EXC 450,

trick dual sport kit. California plated!!! black wheels and hubs, had guards, black plastic, black IMS tank, xc muffler, never ever been in dirt. this bike has maybe 20 hours of riding on it if that. $4,500.00

No I dont have pictures, sorry""

Doesn't sound like you're chasing every lead... If I was a criminal I'd throw some different plastics and call it a newer bike if it was stolen

Doesn't sound like you're chasing every lead... If I was a criminal I'd throw some different plastics and call it a newer bike if it was stolen

Spray paint

Plastic is cheap when you have 0 invested in the bike. Hope you get your bike back

• Like 1

I've been chasing every lead possible. That wasn't the owner that posted that. I've been searching everyday in 37 locations on Craigslist with "KTM 450" being my only search words. So I've looked at every model and year that matches that. The biggest part of the bike that can't be changes easily is the motor that is all powder coated. One of a kind. Thanks for everyone's help so far. I appreciate it.

You might look at your buddies  sometimes its somebody you know or lives in your neighbor hood

• Like 2