Supermoto Conversion: klx450r or wr450f?

Title says it all. I'm looking for opinions/past experiences of these bikes in a supermoto setup. Has anyone here had one of these bikes in a sm form? I'll be converting some sort of bike to sm, just don't know which type yet. Any help or input is appreciated!

Most do the wr. Try supermotojunkie.com

Not really. I don't mean to make myself sound like I'm just set on those two either. Those just got my interest. My #1 choice would be a crf450r (or similar bike) supermoto but I'd be using it for commuting only. It would only be a weekend bike too. Not a daily driver.

The Wr has been proven reliable many times over. What you want to avoid is mx bikes. My ktm and rmz start spitting coolant if you put put around on them or idle too long. I would go ktm exc and put a fan kit on(or get a newer one that has a fan). The 350 and 500exc are great bikes. I have ridden q converted wr426 and honestly except being a little lighter didn't feel any better than my modded drz. A built drz can be just as fun a stone cold reliable too. But if I had my choice, ktm 500 exc.

The Wr has been proven reliable many times over. What you want to avoid is mx bikes. My ktm and rmz start spitting coolant if you put put around on them or idle too long. I would go ktm exc and put a fan kit on(or get a newer one that has a fan). The 350 and 500exc are great bikes. I have ridden q converted wr426 and honestly except being a little lighter didn't feel any better than my modded drz. A built drz can be just as fun a stone cold reliable too. But if I had my choice, ktm 500 exc.

How hard is it to get a plate for an exc? Or do they come with a plate...?

depends on the year.  Newer ones are legal.  the xcw and xcf bikes are off road only but the exc are enduros with lights/tags.  I think the ktms are easier to title than others if you get an older one.  Ive seen a lot of titled ktms from older 2 strokes, to rfs based 525s and so on.  The newer ones are FI, unicam, kick and electric start, the 500 comes with a fan on it already etc etc.  the 500 weighs about 250lbs. the 350 is about 8lbs lighter(dry weight i think).  WR is like 280+ with gas...