Sign in to follow this  

Shoulder protection

I've dislocated my shoulder 6 six times and broke it one of the times, I got surgery 4 months ago and I'm ready to get back on the bike so I'm looking for the best protection for it, something that will cushin it and restrict movement if I fall, anyone know any good braces? Thanks

I've dislocated my shoulder 6 six times and broke it one of the times, I got surgery 4 months ago and I'm ready to get back on the bike so I'm looking for the best protection for it, something that will cushin it and restrict movement if I fall, anyone know any good braces? Thanks

Don't rush into it!

It took me almost a year to heal enough to keep from dislocating my shoulder. I've had my bicep graphted, so take time gradually build up. Now I can ride up to 3hrs before pain sets in.

That Evs brace looks like a good product, I will defiantly invest in one. I plan on just taking it easy on a flat track by myself for a while so I don't get excited. Gona strenghen my shoulder as much as I can before I get on the bike. Thanks for the quick replies

That Evs brace looks like a good product, I will defiantly invest in one. I plan on just taking it easy on a flat track by myself for a while so I don't get excited. Gona strenghen my shoulder as much as I can before I get on the bike. Thanks for the quick replies

Yep, no problems.

That's a long lasting injury. Not to rain on your parade but I'm there too.

As others have mentioned EVS makes them.  They have three different ones with different level of protection.  Personally I would go with the mid level one or the top level one.  A word of warning to you....I also am coming back from a shoulder injury.  Doctor told me to stay away from the bikes for 6 months.  I made it about 3 months before I could resist the urge to ride again.  I ended up riding for 3 months injury free even though I was not supposed to.  Six months rolls around and the doc says I am looking good.  Not even three days later I kart wheeled the bike in the woods and it landed on my back pinning me to the ground.  My whole scapula got ripped up and it was all black and blue for weeks.  I thought I was going to have to go get it fixed again but took three weeks off and focused on my PT.  I ended up being fine but don't mistake a lack of crashes for invincibility.  It only takes one crash to set you back another 6 months or more.

I was looking at buying one of these as well. Has anyone here partially dislocated their shoulder (subluxation), and how long until you were able to start riding again?

I was looking at buying one of these as well. Has anyone here partially dislocated their shoulder (subluxation), and how long until you were able to start riding again?

Yes I've had a full dislocation first. Then later tore my bicep in half and a partial dislocation that time. 1st time roughly a year. Second time approx 9 months. Pt is brutal. I went 3x a week.

I just order the EVS SBO3 Friday from Motorcycle superstore. It should be here the middle of next week. I will give a review after I try it out for a few days. But It wont be on a bike, just wearing it around the house as I still have staples in my shoulder. 18 of them!! The SB04 has a pad over the shoulder also but I am going to get a roost guard with shoulder pads so I went with the SB03. The shock doctor also makes them. In the link is a video as well. Here's the link...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/1552/ITEM/EVS-SB03-Shoulder-Brace.aspx

Now I just had my 3rd rotator cuff surgery and I have a laberal tear that is so big it cant be repaired unless I have a reverse shoulder surgery done. So my shoulder is prone to dislocating. A guy I talked with over seas has the same problem and he said this brace works wonders. The doctors told him no more work, no more riding, and no more gym. He now does all three with this brace so I am praying it will help us all this way.

Edited by Zrt1200