rocks, climbs & adv bikes

25 bikes, mostly adventure bikes, in a dirt riding area yesterday known for its slippery hill climbs and rocks. lots of fun but lots of drops too...

Looks like a great time.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers. it was a lot of fun but would definitely like to do that loop on the dirt bikes. wrestling the big bush pigs up those climbs was hard work.

some pics from the day. the organiser's son is a paraplegic so gets special permission to take his quad (with wheelchair strapped on) into the state forests around here. he doesn't slow down for anything, including creek crossings.

jamesquad1_zps61bc37b7.jpg

and his dad finished a long steep slippery climb and was so out of shape he couldn't avoid hitting this rock. still didn't drop it though so a nice save.

Image31_zpsee822784.jpg

Edited by OZ DRZ

Dude who is riding with the kid in his lap has skills. Looks like he had less trouble than a lot of guys riding solo. I hope I'll have the balls to still get out there if anything ever happens to me like the paraplegic guy. You need to tell your a lot of buddies to get their butts off the seat.

As far as you're concerned, you do realize that the front wheel is allowed to touch the ground also, right? You don't HAVE to wheelie through everything.

Good vid

Dude who is riding with the kid in his lap has skills. Looks like he had less trouble than a lot of guys riding solo. I hope I'll have the balls to still get out there if anything ever happens to me like the paraplegic guy. You need to tell your a lot of buddies to get their butts off the seat.

As far as you're concerned, you do realize that the front wheel is allowed to touch the ground also, right? You don't HAVE to wheelie through everything.

his son up front does the riding a fair bit of the time, god knows how fast he'll be when he gets to ride a bike himself. his old man used to race vintage motocross and can outride us on just about anything. used to overtake our enduro bikes all the time on his clapped out old DR650 below...

P3130052.jpg

P1000335-1.jpg