XR600R STREETTRACKER PROJECT

Well I've almost got the project done. I am just waiting on a rear sprocket and rear disc. Then I will finish with the electrics in the headlight bucket ,along with Led turn signals,and a good brake bleeding,and it will be time for a test spin!!   

I am afraid to add up the receipts on this one,as every bearing /bushing /spoke/rim/tire and on and on etc. was junk and smelled like old pond water.  It was a money pit ,but I think it will be worth it in the end .

I still have to weigh it too to see how much weight I cut off the thing.

Thanks for all the help, I'm sure I'll need more.photo (69).JPGphoto (62).JPGphoto (66).JPG

Edited by dirttracker_30

came up well mate looks nice and light if nothing else im sure u'd have shredded at least 10kg

I'll post up when I get it weighed

The rear wheel is lacking stoppie... of course that's not a big deal cuz it's also lacking the go part as well. :lol:

Weight reduction and accident prevention combined ;)

Like I said in 1st post . I'm still waiting on a few parts. There was almost nothing on this bike that wasn't replaced. It had a very hard life before it got to me.You know, up until the mid 70's ,brakes were outlawed on flattrackers (front and rear)  Hummm ,now you got me thinking, they say very 5# is worth 1 HP!!

Engine braking... the big thumper has it in spades!

Like I said in 1st post . I'm still waiting on a few parts. There was almost nothing on this bike that wasn't replaced. It had a very hard life before it got to me.You know, up until the mid 70's ,brakes were outlawed on flattrackers (front and rear)  Hummm ,now you got me thinking, they say very 5# is worth 1 HP!!

Probably best to NOT install the drive gear until you get the brakes in place. In case you get tempted to go old school :thinking:

Engine braking... the big thumper has it in spades!

And that will get you down to about 10 mph.  I guess you could drag your feet at that point. ;)

Nice looking bike.

I would love to do something like that with one of my XR650L's.  But when it comes down to actually finding all of the required new parts and doing all of the work, I'll probably wimp out instead of actually doing it.

I think if I do it again, I will just spend the bucks and start out with a premade aftermarket dirttrack frame ,and throw the motor in it.

I think if I do it again, I will just spend the bucks and start out with a premade aftermarket dirttrack frame ,and throw the motor in it.

pffft... that'd be the easy way! Where's the fun in that?

Well I got brave and added it all up ,and  it wasn't as bad as I thought (secret). Next will be weigh in.(not a secret) What is the claimed stock weight of a XR600R by Honda's info ,does anyone have any idea?

Well ,I got to ride the streettracker up the street today.. Yipee! I stopped at the farm coop and ran it up on the scale ,and it comes in at 278# wet. Totalmotorcycle.com has the 93 XR at 282 # dry, so with the 1 1/2 of gas and a couple of quarts of oil. that is probably good for 10 or 12 #. If that is tacked onto the original specs that would put a 600R at around292/94# wet. So all in all, I probably knocked 12 to 14# off of the pig. I was hoping for just a little lighter, but it is what it is.

Edited by dirttracker_30