how to put oil filter in 2012 kx450?!

The spring is in the back and the filter attaches to the filter cover, OEM filters fit snug on the filter cover but the aftermarkets I find a bit loose.

Dont fit it back to front or you will damage the motor

You Can use the rubber "plug" from an oem filter, and just move it to the aftermarket ones :D

If the fitler doesnt plug into the cover your doing it wrong

You got the wrong idea, I know how people talk about mounting filters backwards... Have you ever changed oil filter on a kx450, aftermarket filter? Then you'll know what we talk about. They don't fit as tight as oem filters do, on the cover where its supposed to fit.

You got the wrong idea, I know how people talk about mounting filters backwards... Have you ever changed oil filter on a kx450, aftermarket filter? Then you'll know what we talk about. They don't fit as tight as oem filters do, on the cover where its supposed to fit.

No its not the wrong idea . Look at my pic I change the oil in mine all the time while sticking filters to the cover

No its not the wrong idea . Look at my pic I change the oil in mine all the time while sticking filters to the cover

Allright , I see... Just thought we were through the backwards thing :-) what we also discussed is: even if u do it right, some filters have a less perfect fit on the cover.

Allright , I see... Just thought we were through the backwards thing :-) what we also discussed is: even if u do it right, some filters have a less perfect fit on the cover.

i didnt read the thread only mentioned what is important . IF when you install the fitler it isnt stuck to the cover your doing it wrong. it wont stick the other way around because its a solid metal bottom . period.

Edited by cdc351jeferson