Sign in to follow this  

Buy a new carb or used carb?

I need to replace my carb, 2001 cr125 and wonder if I should buy new or get a used one. I've been babying my current one for months because the threaded stem cracked the broke off, the piece the float screw goes on. Do I spend $200 for a new carb so I know it's not jacked up in anyway or buy used, there's some decent used ones on eBay.

Thanks

Jay

I need to replace my carb, 2001 cr125 and wonder if I should buy new or get a used one. I've been babying my current one for months because the threaded stem cracked the broke off, the piece the float screw goes on. Do I spend $200 for a new carb so I know it's not jacked up in anyway or buy used, there's some decent used ones on eBay.

Thanks

Jay

Buy a 38mm Keihin PWK carb, you won't regret it.

I vote for a new carb every time. Used ones are a gamble.

I thought about the pwk but how hard is it to get it working correctly? Bolt it on and jet or what? I have a ride planned next week that I don't want to bail on.

Thanks

I thought about the pwk but how hard is it to get it working correctly? Bolt it on and jet or what? I have a ride planned next week that I don't want to bail on.

Thanks

Yep it bolts right on.  check this  

http://motocrosshideout.com/cr250cr125-pwk-air-striker-conversion-throw-out-the-tmx/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+motocrosshideout%2FHkit+%28Motocross+Hideout%29