Honda public 2013-450 Mapping file info

I figured someone might want to see this stuff.  Honda has three (3) files, essentially a milder than stock beginner file that they call "Muddy" for obvious reasons, a "Response" file in the middle for a little more bark to the throttle input, and a "Torque" file that's the most aggressive.  The beginner and response files do not change the fueling at all, only spark.  The Torque file changes both fueling and spark and is the most aggressive, of course.

==============================================================================================

◆<Muddy> For beginners/Muddy spec

Setting to give smooth power character and improved traction.
The delayed ignition timing gives mild response. It gives better controllability in muddy conditions by setting at low to middle throttle and low to middle speed.

◆<Response> Response spec
Setting to give better response to throttle control.
The advanced ignition timing gives better response. By giving richer fuel setting to the area where the ignition timing is advanced, it will give more torque and power feeling.

◆<Torque> Torque spec
Setting to give better torque feeling at low to middle speed and feeling to push the bike forward. 
Torque feeling is achieved by setting richer fuel at low to middle speed area and response is achieved by advancing the ignition timing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the Honda website where I got the info/files:

http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/settingtool/crf450r_2013_settingtool/

======================================================================================

BEGINNER  (spark, only, is changed)

2013-450-Beginner-MAP_zps972b6b67.jpg

RESPONSE (spark, only, is changed)

2013-450-Response-MAP_zpsd1762f92.jpg

TORQUE  (fueling and spark are changed)

FUEL:

2013-450-Torque-Fuel-MAP_zpsddafd097.jpg

SPARK:

2013-450-Torque-Spark-MAP_zps1e3e2621.jp

Edited by Eddie8v

Thats awesome!! Thanks Eddie!!

Whats the cheapest interface to use to flash my ecu w this info?? Has anyone used it??

As far as I know the only tool you can use on the OEM ECU is the Honda tool...

Eddie Sisneros, or anyone that has the unit, can remap it for you. I am certain that these maps aren't the best out there! Eddie does good work and I highly recommend him.

Edited by Eddie8v

I just installed the torque map on my new 13. Completely stock engine. I will let you know if there is a difference worth noting from the base map.

Thanks.

kinda curious, by changing when the motor initiates spark does it allow the bike to continue to pull past 8500 rpm or is that limited by the cam alone?

That's a very complicated question and is the reason a good engine guy is hard to come by... Cylinder head configuration and porting, the exhaust system configuration, the camshaft (lift and duration profile) and ignition and injector timing all impact performance at any rpm. IMO, spark advance changes are the least influential (in the list) on hi-rpm pull. You can run a "mellower" cam than stock and pull past 8,500 easy, you do NOT need a cam bigger than stock in these motors. For a better motor, you need to do the porting first, piston second, exhaust third, all with their own remap.

Edited by Eddie8v

If i were to do only the hi comp piston, wd i see a nice diff with no other changes? Not seeing a massive change w remaps in Tx on 2013 s that ive ridden. Shd i do the RH head work as well w the piston?? What hi comp piston is best and will it effect reliability?? Ive heard aftermkt piston failure and usually go oem for this reason.

You won't see huge changes with a remap, alone, on a stock bike, just a cleanup of operability and better overall response.

You'd see a slight addition to low-mid with piston, alone. Huge changes with porting alone, power further increased with piston and exhaust. Do the porting with a remap, first. Just save the money and do it, trust me.

Nothing wrong with a good aftermarket piston, like CP or JE.

Edited by Eddie8v

Thanks Eddie. Didnt want to beat the proverbial dead horse but u answered the exact way i was looking for!!

I just purchased the Honda programming tool. Can't figure out how to get to those maps to download to the bike. Could you give me some pointers about how to use this thing?

Which tool did you buy, and which software CD came with it? And what year+displacement bike are you trying to program?

2014 CRF450...I work for a Honda dealership. Part number 06380-N1D-A00. I found out last night that this kit doesn't come with any pre mapping.I understand now that I need to go to the Honda website to download these into the kit.Trying to get the bog off the bottom end right now.We had a 2013 remapped by BPM last year and it works very well.

Edited by MX140DAD

Just download the maps to your computer and install them. The newer software is superior to the old, you can simply follow the directions on the screen if you get lost, or fall asleep in the middle of a reprogram.

Haven't rode yet but after warming it up it seems like that little bog and hesistation is about 95% gone. Sounds throatier too.

Drop the bike off the stand and ride it!

Braaap

Okay, got some motos in today. Power feels much broader. Better all around power. No flameouts and seem to have a little more over rev. With an aftermarket exhaust, it should flow a better.

That's a very complicated question and is the reason a good engine guy is hard to come by... Cylinder head configuration and porting, the exhaust system configuration, the camshaft (lift and duration profile) and ignition and injector timing all impact performance at any rpm. IMO, spark advance changes are the least influential (in the list) on hi-rpm pull. You can run a "mellower" cam than stock and pull past 8,500 easy, you do NOT need a cam bigger than stock in these motors. For a better motor, you need to do the porting first, piston second, exhaust third, all with their own remap.

just a quick question,I have a full system and a remap from Eddie . Now I'm gonna add a stage 2 cam,does it need to be remapped again ?

just a quick question,I have a full system and a remap from Eddie . Now I'm gonna add a stage 2 cam,does it need to be remapped again ?

Absolutely...

Absolutely...

is Eddie still in business?cant seem to get ahold of him. Would like to let him him know what i need done