Sign in to follow this  

What bike?

Hey I'm 15 and about 5'8 135 pounds and have been riding a 2004 crf100f and wanting to know what bike to move up to? I don't know if I want a 2 stroke because of the maintnece and just not sure what bike to move up to? Thanks:)

125 would be the logical choice and have more power than you know what to do with coming off your 100.  No more maintenance than any other bike you will find. Actually less than a 250f when you consider checking valves and stuff.

If you want a 4 stroke get a 250f. Not sure what sort of answers you are looking for considering you say you don't want a 2 stroke???

125 would be the logical choice and have more power than you know what to do with coming off your 100.  No more maintenance than any other bike you will find. Actually less than a 250f when you consider checking valves and stuff.

If you want a 4 stroke get a 250f. Not sure what sort of answers you are looking for considering you say you don't want a 2 stroke???

Well I mean does a 2 stroke have that much maintenance?

Well I mean does a 2 stroke have that much maintenance?

No they require much less maint. than a 4t MX bike. Esp if you are planning on buying used. I would personally never buy a used 250f but that is just me.

You are about the perfect size for a 125. 

Edited by BDubb106

Depends on what you want to do with the bike?? Track or woods riding?? If track go with a 125. I woods riding I would go with like a KDX200 as it has good bottom end power and does not have the high rpm hit that most 125's have.

I rebuild mine every 20 hrs of MX riding but I'm a big guy and I beat on that little bike pretty darn hard. 

A lot of my friends go about 50 hrs on a top end on a properly maintained bike on a mix of track and trail riding. 

Edited by BDubb106

Top end rebuild on a 125 cost peanuts and nickels. I've had mine for 2 years since selling my 250f put two top ends in, and still am under the cost of when I rebuilt my 250f top end (I do all my work myself).

• Like 2