2002 cr250 over heat...pinging?

Hey guys! long time no talk. took a nice long brake from riding. think it got stail but, im back at er' once again! Built a wicked(at least to me) cr250 over the time i was out. still havent done any engine work to it(210 PSI on comp test) but everything els has been replaced. I also took a gamble with some china made rads. they look good..but they build up heat like nuts! So, my question is, would over heating make my bike ping? i know i have a leaking left crank seal( new one on the way) so that may have very well been the problem. im also in the proses of sending my OEM rads to get straitened to get these junky Chinese ones off the bike. But at the end of the day im still curious if the over heating made my bike knock. (i think yes)

Ill get some pics up of the bike soon for you guys to check out.

20130819_104214_zpsd99fb881.jpg

20130820_213925_zps3fe1c6c7.jpg

20130821_193418_zpsec375dd9.jpg

20130822_221823_zps5f48c6a0.jpg

20130823_111050_zpsfcd5713a.jpg

If you don't hear it when engines cold, then yes.

If crankcase seal has a lot of blow-by, then your ratio and back pressure will be weak and cause a lean condition(runs hot and will burn up top end). JMO.

Think you fixin seal is start then retune carb and possible jetting. I run 165 main in mine. (Sea level).

Im running 32.5 slow jet, clip on the very top of the stock needle and a 360 main. plug always looks nice and brown-a bit black(after slow single track) Im also at sea level to 800ish feet.

Edited by choppertown

Hey, I finally got my bike out this weekend and she ran perfect, my China rads kept the bike at 150d the whole time up dumont. Idk whats up with your rads though, maybe a different manufacturer? Lean condition might just be overheating you.

thinking thats what it may be. ill see. i already sent my rads out to myers to have them put back to new. caved one of the chineese rads in already. haha. they look tuff. dont seem to be made out of good alum.

thinking thats what it may be. ill see. i already sent my rads out to myers to have them put back to new. caved one of the chineese rads in already. haha. they look tuff. dont seem to be made out of good alum.

Yeah I'm scared to lay my bike down cause I know it will get pancaked for sure, the mounts where really soft which didn't impress me. Oh well they are working for now but I know what to do if they fail. What's the cost for the repair and shipping? Bike looks great btw

I'd fix bad seal pronto, lean+heat+detonation most likely from that. Good rad guards a good investment IMO, not sure what will work with oversized rads. I'm happy with my DeVols, but I hear Flatlanders are even more robust.

I noticed you have KYB forks, they off a CR125? Just curious

shipping came out to 30 bucks. but i did find my 99 cr125 rad that is brand new. im going to send that in also and try to now get a triad in off of the 99 rad and the rads off my 02 for a pair of their supercool rads that have been braced up.

cost is between 35 and 65 bucks depending how bad they are tweaked. mine are only slightly bowed so im guessing it the 35$

also, some door knob put a YYB sticker from hell onto the forks. i heat gunned them and the sticker would not move. it is now off via 10,000RPM of eraser wheel.

Well that's not too bad I guess. I always had luck getting sticker glue off with contact cleaner, coarse you have to get the sticker portion off for that to work though lol. He must have super glued them on there